First Grow~!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCityChaos

Curious Begginer
Reaction score
this is my first grow, i am doing 12/12 from seed in a comp case, with cfl's. attempting to do L.S.T. as well. these are some prelim pics. just puttin this up here to get some feed back and see how things are going so far. criticism is welcome!

thanks!

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00254.JPG

DSC00257.JPG

DSC00260.JPG

All looks good so far even though they are like 2 days old :) I would up the light to 24/7 for the first two weeks and then to 18/6 for the time being till you want to flower. Then 12/12 to make them flower :)

they look fine to me. are you going for small single cola plants? i figured thats why your doin a 12/12 from seed

haha i know there still young! just trying to make sure theres nothing i can do differently. or if there is, that way i can change it

yup, im going to try to keep it as small as possible, im very limited in space. i read that going 12/12 from seed keeps em small and bushy

MadCityChaos, in my opinon it's too early to LST those. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that LST should be reserved for plants that undergo the vegetative cycle of growth before putting them into flowering. If you're putting them directly into flowering from seed, then as Slowmo said, you'll get single cola plants like that. The only reason you'd need to tie them down is if they got too tall for the computer case.

@Alistair Young

thanks for the tips. so u think i should just take off the ties and let them grow free?

MadCityChaos said:
this is my first grow, i am doing 12/12 from seed in a comp case, with cfl's. attempting to do L.S.T. as well. these are some prelim pics. just puttin this up here to get some feed back and see how things are going so far. criticism is welcome!

thanks!
lol.... if you need a rope just to hold up your plants then you need way more light, get a 100 watt floro, i got 105 watt eiko floro it was $40 bucks
thats bad you need to get those things from streching so much its almost like a silver stem its so weak i used to have that problem when i first was just messing around growing under a regualr bulb just to see what it looks like out of the seed, then i upgraded to a 105 watt floro and then got into the metal halide and HPS, its a hobby you get sucked into ;)

they only thing i can think of is don't water them to much.. start lettin the soil dry out a bit if your not already.. and i don't mean when the top of the soil looks dry i mean when the soil in the middle of the pot is dry.. check it by stickin your fingure down a few inches.

well i ant to adepet at LST mirco grows i would contact thorn, shes a good mirco grower, shes got a nice oragen candy floss in flower now, not sure when she tied her down. but i think i would be best to wait till the start of week 2 to tiem down. JMO good luck with your grow, heres some banna mojo to get u started, as TBG has been MIA.

:banana: GREEN MOJO :banana: GREEN MOJO :banana: GREEN MOJO :banana: GREEN MOJO:banana:

Yeah, remove that twine for now. Those are just sprouts, there's no need to tie them down now.

awesome. thanks guys. its cool to get some pointers from some people that have done this before.

@whiterussian
its not that i need the rope to hold them up, i just read somewhere that it was good to start doing it early on if you were going to do it. but ill take it off now. thanks for the advice.

yeah, the rope looks thicker than the stalk. I would remove the rope and if you need to tie them down do to lack of vertical space than start bending them. What do you have for a light on them? Do you have a fan on them?

And be careful when watering them. I can see in your pic that one of them has water droplets on it. That water can cause your leaves to burn under a close light. Looks Good!

@maineharvest
Water Drops- Thats from a spray bottle that i had
Fan- Yes
Rope- haha, yeah, they are alot thicker than the stalks lol. so they are gone now.
Light-i have 3 cfls on them, 2 warm and 1 cool.

sounds good to me. I would just be careful spraying the water on the plants with the lights on, but it sounds like your lights might not be to to powerful.

Well lets see here, when using floro lights i would recommend keeping them on 24/7 so there is no stretching and drop the light as close to top of the plants as possible. couple inches. Thats my genius advice for the night.

You can put them straight on 12/12... My cousin always does it and always has the 1 main large cola.

But i dont know how well your going to be with some flouros. You'll get product most definately but you can upgrade a little? maybe 1 150 watt HPS? i used it on my first grow and went straight 12 on 12. I had 2 plants and they came out wonderfully!

You will get healthier plants however if you go 24/7 for a while and then 18/6.

whiterussian said:
then i upgraded to a 105 watt floro and then got into the metal halide and HPS, its a hobby you get sucked into ;)

:bong:..................aghhhhhh, that is so true. and i only been going at this for a couple of weeks.lol.
just keep at it man. from the things that i have read i think its way to early to LST anything that size. you need it a little taller and and more bushy. a little side growth. And are you using a fan? the fan works wonders on that little green plant, FAST. i had a fan on for a week straight almost blowing directly on to the thing and i think it might have doubled in thickness and it was only a few weeks old

Read up on LST, shouldn't be doing it until around week ttwo when you have lots of new growth, Low Stress Training is used to lower the tallest point of your plant and allow new growth to become the tallest part of the plant and receive the most nutrients, now being the highest point.

And yes, a fan will help those stalk thicken up

Latest posts

Back