First indoor grow with an HID!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plants have recovered well ,,,they are looking very nice ,,pulling up my seat and :watchplant: if you dont mind :p

well ill be sure to keep posting pictures as they grow. what do i need t o look for as far as bugs? its in a fairly clean room and they are in a grow box but i have no other plants i nthe house or in my backyard... also i ride a motorcycle to and from work so i dont think that id be picking up and bugs on my way home lol

,,you need to look out for any signs of your leaves being eaten or tainted in someway :peace: you will know if any critters are munching on your babies a sixth sense kicks in :giggle:

hey annarko ,,,just a thought why not ask a mod to move this to the grow journal section ,,:48:

i think the black flies are most common...they do no great deal of harm IME but i may be wrong

I'm sayin the same, I forgot this wasn't a grow journal!

PULLIN UP A CHAIR and GREEN MOJOO!!!

4 weeks old huh ???? still not bad...how far away is your light ????that makes ALL the difference in the world ...i have never vegged with an HID but i would guess that 18" would be fine

im keeping my lights about 14" away from the tops of the plants and they seem to be filling out fairly nicely so far so its not too bad

Thanks you guys when i take some more pictures tonight ill be sure to include a tape measure with them hehe:D

Here They are today... i cant wait... only 8"-10" till flowertime !!
I hope i can re pot them soon i am getting anxious:)

123.JPG

1234.JPG

yes. the less stress befor flowering the more females. imo bro miss uk girl is right.

Thats a good Idea... when i get home from work to day i think i will do that. They might be almost ready anyway... the seem to be slowing dom a little bit but it could just be me paying too much attention lol:)

annarko said:
i have a 375w HPS conversion bulb when i am going to force flower them i dont have a lot of height to work with so i am going to force flower when they get to about 18"

Thats pretty tall, count on them getting 3 times as big in flower. that will put the plant at 4.5 feet tall plus you need room for the light and pot.

Growdude said:
Thats pretty tall, count on them getting 3 times as big in flower. that will put the plant at 4.5 feet tall plus you need room for the light and pot.

true that for sure.....i started my plant to pre-flower at 18/6 a week ago. an then it started to grow up to 2 in's a day!! an now its in 12/12 for the past 2 days we will see how much more streach i will get.....it was 12 in's befor flowering.......now its over 22inchs tall

Well Maybe i will let them flower a little earlier then... i do have a net just in case they get too tall that i can weave them through though.
Here are todays Pictures also heres a picture of the grow box that i build... my 16" Oscilating fan is on the opposite side of the room... i was going to make the grow box completely contained but i was having trouble with temperature when i first built it my temps are doing pretty well now that it has finally started to cool off though. i need to redesign my box though for sure...either that or just use the whole closet hehehe

11181.jpg

11182.jpg

11183.jpg

So I just repotted the 2 plants!!! good thing i didnt wait they were rootbound hehe so here they are in their final homes. I think ill change the light cycle to 12/12 when they pick up steam again.

Plant-S3.jpg

Question>>> should i switch my nutes from Veg to Flower slowly or is it okay just to start using the other blend? im using Flora Nova

Latest posts

Back