First indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastersativa

Reaction score
Hi all, I have become the foster parent for a nice little lady, my bud had to move away. I have grown some before outdoors when i was younger, guerilla style, hehe. Anyway, I have done some good research on here and I beleive i am heading in the right direction. One problem I have is that he started this outdoors, It is still in the pot that he started it in, which is 6 inches around and about the same in depth, so I dont think I need to repot, Or maybe I do, Any suggestions? Another thing is that i now have it indoors, it has been indoors for approximately 65 days now. Although it did kinda slow down a bit it is still growing fine. He had topped it a few times, looks like 6 times, so it isnt tall. I have one of those little grow lights that is two foot long flourescent, and this morning i just picked up a couple of the screw in cfl bulbs, 26 watt which says its equivalent to 100. I have not used any ferts at all yet but do have some MG pour n feed that I am gonna start using. It has started to flower i believe, small white pistils growing, when i can i will post some pics on here so you all can take a look and help me out with the great wisdom I have seen on here so far. Thank you all in advancnce.

day 65 in bloom and flowers are only now starting to come?
if it where me i would transplant into a 5 gal grow bucket and feed her some bloom nutes. im sure that you will see results after a week. That is a long time to go with no food unless the medium has stuff in it already.

Yeah thats what i was thinking also, since i left the last post i went in and gave her the mg. It doesnt have mush nitrogen though, but i suspect any at this point will be good. Since i have it on the wierd midnight to noon cycle, i just got to look at it a few mins ago, and i guess i should have noticed it sooner, but i can see some roots growing out of the top os the soil. So today it will get a new and bigger home. Man, i need to pay more attention to the details or im gonna be sad:eek: . Thanks for the advice.

O.K. So i just repotted in a 3 gal. bucket with some fertilized potting soil. I also used some shagnum moss on the top to hold some moisture. Now i have to ask if i should continue with the 12/12 schedule or should i go a different route with the light? I dont want to hurt her now that i have evicted her from her home.

I hope this works.

100_1939.jpg

100_1943.jpg

100_1940.jpg

she's not looking bad....i'm sure she'll appreciate the bigger home too....just remember to go light on the nutes....and if you want buds in the near future go ahead and leave her on 12/12....you could switch her to an 18/6 to let her bush up some more or take some clones but that would definately delay a harvest.....

yeah, looking good MS. maybe keep it on 12/12 till harvest and reveg so youll have a monster girl next time around.

just a thought, plants look healthy too, nice 1.

O.K. So i went ahead and left her on a 24 hour light cycle beacause she was looking kinda sad after the move. She was a little wilty and I wanted her to come back . Well she did perk up, but today i am seeing the leaves on the bottom are starting to turn yellow. AAAHHHHH!!! The soil is still moist so I havent given her any water yet, besides from what i think i know about plants yelow means to much water right? I dunno. So now I am thinking i am killing her with all that light. Obviously now i am confused as to what would be best for her. I would hate to see her die.

youve already broke the 12/12 cycle now, so i would keep her on 24 hours for a couple of weeks or you may end up with a hermie. dont know if this is completely ture, but i wouldnt take any chances.

Hey, thanks 85. I was wanting to know exactly that, if it would turn hermie. So I was planning on letting it go for at least aweek on the twenty-four light. i guess it will depend on when it starts to come back around, But now at least two to three weeks because of the yellowing. I will watch my nutes a little closer fromnow on. I believe the yellowing is from to much water bubby, cause it is still moist on top and I haven't watered her since the transplant to the larger bucket. I always have seen my wife water the crap outta all the flowers, plants, trees, and such that she has planted or moved around the yard and thought i also needed to do the same. But i shoulda thought a little more on that since mine is in a bucket and hers are usually in the ground where it gets better drainage. Oh well live and learn, i will get the hang of this eventually. Thanks for all the help so far and I will keep ya'll posted.

Awwww man. I was just reading another post and it said that when it is fully ready to start flowering that the trichs grow way out. My trichs were very small when i did move it but now they are quite large. I think that if i continue with the veg cycle lighting i am gonna turn her into a hermie or even worse. Any suggestions on what to do? I guess at this point I should just go ahead and follow my plans on two to three weeks ofveg before i start the flowering, but i am not sure. Thanks again

hmmmmmm, not sure on that 1, but i stand by my advice and say you should keep her in veg. and maybe for longer than a week, make it 2 if you can, dont take any chances.

although, if the light interuption has already effected her, then you could already be reveging a hermie. but, i havent had enough experience to know for sure. hopefully not.

Yeah i am going to stay on the reveg for at least two weeks. We will see if she becomes a he/she,lol. Today I am seeing that she is getting bushierso i believe she is on the path to recovery, just hoping myrtle dont become mearle.

you'll know if its a he or a she maybe after 1-2 weeks of flowering,good luck

mastersativa said:
Awwww man. I was just reading another post and it said that when it is fully ready to start flowering that the trichs grow way out. My trichs were very small when i did move it but now they are quite large. I think that if i continue with the veg cycle lighting i am gonna turn her into a hermie or even worse. Any suggestions on what to do? I guess at this point I should just go ahead and follow my plans on two to three weeks ofveg before i start the flowering, but i am not sure. Thanks again

Not sure what you are calling trich's but trichomes start to show after you start to flower.
Also need atleast a 30x magnifier to see them well.
Alternating nodes are what you look for to know when its ready for flowering.
If your back in vegg give it sometime before you switch again, switching back and forth is going to be worse than just the one.

Hey growdude, I guess Iam not sure what i am calling what. but It was starting to flower and then kinda stalled out. I wasnt using any nutes on her as not sure what was up with her because my buddy left her with me and moved out of state. So what i did was just flush her with water for a couple weeks and thats when she started to get REAL smelly and there were little white hairs growing. so I started her on the 12/12 light and she got good an stinky but didnt grow anymore. Thats when I came to you guys for your great wisdom and was clued in on the fact that she in too small of a pot. So I have transplanted her and she did not look happy at all with the move and the 12/12. So I put her back on the 24 light schedule and she is looking very happy now. But back to the trich issue, the little white hairs are now quite large and was just wondering if i was screwing her up. but it appears that i am confused as to what trichs are if i need a 30x to see them.

Here is Myrtle 5 days after the repot and reveg. Hope ya'll like her.

100_2007.jpg

100_2014.jpg

100_2008.jpg

100_2010.jpg

100_2012.jpg

Well Myrtle has been kicking some bootay in the new home and the added lighting so she is going back on the 12/12 on the 1st. That way I should be able to have my christmas sticky buds. I also wanted to ask, this is bag seed, And I by far experienced, but from the look of what i have been reading and seeing she is an Indica, correct? Anybody got a good guess?

Latest posts

Back