first time cutting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

devilfrog

We have our first mother plant, its 8 weeks old and mature. Here is the question, we want to take small cuttings, so the cuttings will be anywhere from 3 to 5 inchs tall. Once they are rooted in rockwool, will a 1 gallon container be big enough to flower in for 8 to 9 weeks? Its a afghan indica and they will be flowered right after showing roots.

that's pretty much how i do it. but i like to veg em for 1-3 wks. depending on the strain. yields are usually better when given a tad of veg time, imo. i use 1 gal. grow bags. they're cheap and you can re-use them. if you're talking about soil/soiless containers.

hope that helps
later:)

yes im growing in soil. When you go with 3 weeks of veg and then full flower, does it look like the rootmass had enough room in the 1 gallon?

yes- the roots will have room--they'll take up most of the space in the container, but not root bound if that makes sense. but if vegging longer than 3 wks. then you would probably need a slightly larger container.:)

yep that makes total sense. We are going to use the 1 gallon bags, they look to be 6" in diameter. thanks for your answers

how much dry weight are you getting out of those plants with a 3 week veg time after rooting

devil frog, i just learned some guys go 5 gallon bags/pail. 1 gallon dirt for every month of growth. more root, better bush/bud production. i hope you get it!! have some of this:afroweed: :joint: :2940th_rasta: and keep reading. enjoy

Ruffy said:
devil frog, i just learned some guys go 5 gallon bags/pail. 1 gallon dirt for every month of growth. more root, better bush/bud production. i hope you get it!! have some of this:afroweed: :joint: :2940th_rasta: and keep reading. enjoy

Love your enthusiasm Ruffy....but this thread is over a year old and devilfrog was banned over a year ago as well.
:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back