flipping the lights to 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
a buddy of mine suggested that when i flip my lights to 12/12 that i should do that for 3 days, then give them 3 days of darkness and then go back to 12/12 for the remainder of flowering.

has anybody done this? he said it would kick start it into flowering. i've read a lot on this forum and did not see this anywhere.

thanks guys.

never heard of this, I've been around for awhile. I have read dang near every book about growing mj, and I have never come across this theory. To me it sounds like you'd be robbing your plants of 3 days of photosynthesis.

legalize_freedom said:
To me it sounds like you'd be robbing your plants of 3 days of photosynthesis.
:yeahthat: sound the same to me, might even harm growth somehow and need recovery time IMO ;)

like i said, i havent done it...a friend of mine does and suggested it. it sounds kinda funny too and thats why i wanted to see you guys opinion.

not a clue what nanners are. lol but it doesnt sound good.

actually, his product is very good.

try it on one plant and see what happens

everyones opinion is just that, an opinion............

if your buddy does it and gets results give it a shot and let us know
how it goes.

i dont have the ability to do it to only one plant. i think i'm going to stick to the straight 12/12 for now as this is my first batch of clones that i'm flowering.

maybe in the future when i'm feeling froggy i'll tackle his opinion! ;)

just stick one in a closet for 3 days

im about to put 8 into flower so i may check it out.

if i do ill let you know

i run a recirculating top drip hydro setup and would have problems feeding that one without it getting any light..

let me know. i'm interested in others opinions.

yeah i wasnt thinkin hydro, i guess that would pose a problem. LOL
sorry about that.

if my weight exceeds my need this harvest, i may give it a go just for the hell of it

I have read a little about this but what i have read is 30 hours not 3 days. After 12 hrs. dark the plant prod. a chem that starts the flowering cycle. but not till there is atleast 12 hrs darkness.
This may be a way of kick starting the cycle. without 12 hrs of darkness the plant will never flower. IMO it would not mater if you left your plant in the dark for 12 or 30 hrs it's going to flower as long as it has a proper dark period

Latest posts

Back