Flowering on 6 hours of night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane_doe

Reaction score
I have a plant that is apporx 10 weeks old but still very small maybe 13 inch high just starting to put out branches. Well this plant was stunted when I first started growing it, gave her way to much love. Now its has recovered and noticed last week the branches starting to alternate so she is mature but yesterday I went to check on my plants and was in shock to find she had put out flowers and hairs on ONLY 6 hours of night. Now my question is should I flower her or just let her be. I had hoped to grow her out somemore before putting her into flower can I still do that or should I just go ahead and flower?

I have 3 other plants that are growing with her and show no sign of sex they were planted on Aug 19th.

Plant info:
Seed: bag seed (good swag)
Lights : CFL
Planted July 23rd
Light cycle : 15 on 6 off
soil
water every 2nd day one cup of water ( due to my need to over water things :p)

I dont have any batteries for my camera so sorry no pictures :(

Thanks advance for the help :)

I didn't know till yesterday, I thought it was a male due to the stress thats why I started other plants, but I'm so happy its a Girl!

Thanks for the fast reply. I think i'll just keep her vegging.

About how long can I really veg after preflowers start to show?

jane_doe said:
I have a plant that is apporx 10 weeks old but still very small maybe 13 inch high just starting to put out branches. Well this plant was stunted when I first started growing it, gave her way to much love. Now its has recovered and noticed last week the branches starting to alternate so she is mature but yesterday I went to check on my plants and was in shock to find she had put out flowers and hairs on ONLY 6 hours of night. Now my question is should I flower her or just let her be. I had hoped to grow her out somemore before putting her into flower can I still do that or should I just go ahead and flower?

I have 3 other plants that are growing with her and show no sign of sex they were planted on Aug 19th.

Plant info:
Seed: bag seed (good swag)
Lights : CFL
Planted July 23rd
Light cycle : 15 on 6 off
soil
water every 2nd day one cup of water ( due to my need to over water things :p)

I dont have any batteries for my camera so sorry no pictures :(

Thanks advance for the help :)

"Light cycle : 15 on 6 off"... where are the other 3 hours going??? .. :confused:
As long as it is NOT an autoflowerng plant(which apparently it is not, due to its longevity) then yes, you can continue to veg indefinately.

when plants reach a certain age usually they will show preflowers reguardless of the light period. now im talking from my whole 2 grows (read in many other places). that @ 10 nodes tall if you look @ nodes 7 & 8 you should see the determining factors. so far hasn't failed me. good luck!:D

LOL Hick, it should of be 18 on 6 off LOL good eyes! :p nope nothing as fancy as any auto flowering plant just some good bag weed. Thanks for the input I'm going to just let her grow till I can't take it anymore and just let her go on her way but I really wanted to take some clones first cuz I've never had the chance to clone a plant and well she smells so damn good.

Doc yeah you guys are right its on the 8th node and looking today she showing on more nodes then before. Only on the first node did she show her hairs so I think y'all are right when you say they are preflowers. I only have one grow pior to this one and really that one was a bust.

Thanks guyz I'll post some photos soon as I get some batteries.

bombbudpuffa said:
Some people might think the bagseed is fancier:D.

Those people are dumb :p I did the same thing you did for my first grow. Took the 1 or two seeds we found from the best **** my roommate and I had picked up, then moved to the autoflowering ones. The bag seed grow actually turned out great! Got some good crystally buds and would have been fat too if it hadn't been for the hermie that screwed all my girls! >:O Growing bag seed is great though, I feel its much easier to start off on.

The Hemp Goddess said:
THAT is the problem with bagseed.

Yeah, but in all fairness, every single plant I kept besides that was female. Seeds that germinate from bags of bud seem to be of very versatile strains as they are normally grown outdoors and aren't plants that are use to the extreme care that the WW and autoflowering plants need. I had a few problems with nutes and flushed twice, but they were great to learn on. If I was you I would suggest spending the 70 bucks on the autoflowering seeds and grow both in the same closet. The Autoflowering ones will give you the quick life cycle experience, where as the bag seed will give you much more understanding of the plant at each stage. If they all die, it sucks, but its 70 bucks, thats about 4 to 4.2 grams where I'm from, so its worth the risk IMO. I currently have 3 auto flowering plants growing under a 400 watt MH/ HPS system at a friends house. I realize that this is way too much power for 3 plants, but the set up is at a friends house and he only wanted three plants so, can't really argue. Just so you guys know... its at a friends place because the people i live with won't let me... so i'm moving... lol

Sorry guys is it an American thing??? what is bag weed??? is it like the Yardy weed in the UK with seeds init..??

cdmharley said:
what is bag weed??? is it like the Yardy weed in the UK with seeds init..??

I guess it is. Mine was just some brown weed nothing fancy. But I guess bag seeds could be from any good or plain jane weed out there.

cdmharley said:
Sorry guys is it an American thing??? what is bag weed??? is it like the Yardy weed in the UK with seeds init..??
yep... a seed from "any" sack of weed is bag seed..

OK so I went in to check on my garden to find 2 of my other plants are showing flowers (all girls so far! YEAH!) so I got my trusty phone camera and took some pics. Some are blury but you might be able to at least get an idea of what I'm looking at. Now one of my white widows is showing flowers and my auro indica. They are way to small to flower. would I ruin my crop if I dont go ahead and flower?

oldlady.jpg

oldlady02.jpg

purplelady.jpg

purplelady02.jpg

whitelady02.jpg

timer.jpg

ok so I think I mest up on the names pics 1 and 2 (bag weed) are the same plant pic 3 and 5 (A I) are the same plant and pic 4 for is the white widow.

and I just transplanted them so I add an extra hour of night . Not sure the reason but I thought it would give it a bit more healing time and that was 2 days ago.

ok So now that they are showing signs of sex can I start to use tigerbloom and big bloom ?

I haven't used anything really up to this point cuz well I tend to give way to much. I bought some spikes that were 13-3-4 something close to that. which were slow release and they are almost desolved away.

thanks

ANYONE? have anything to say? Anything?

oh come on... not even a smart alic remark? oh come on.. lol :p

Latest posts

Back