Flowering Stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
Is it ok to clip off the scraggly looking stems at the bottom of my girls. Would it allow more nuts to go up towards the top or should I just leave them. I really want to trim it up hoping that it will increase the size of the buds? Thanks for you opinion!

search the term lollipopping marijuana ;)
it is quite a common technique.

how far along into bloom are you though?

i think you're bordering on too late, but i'm gonna leave that to someone else to answer :eek:
like i said, search that term (google or our search, though our forum search overlooks many thread i feel) likely find a lot more info than i could supply you, is a fairly common technique. or wait for more to chime in, i know some people from here do it (heck, i do it too, but so minuscule.. it hardly qualifies ;) )

*hi rose :)

If I was to cut them off, I can still save the leaf and all that stuff for the patient so they could use it correct?

I personally would not cut them off 3 weeks into flowering.

Anything you cut off is useless and should be put in the compost--it is simply too immature to have anything developed any "good" yet.

Not even for butter or oil? Even though there are those would be larfy buds?

So I take it the only time the trims or leave are any good is at the time of the harvest? That's what I am taking from this.

420NewbieRoyce said:
So I take it the only time the trims or leave are any good is at the time of the harvest? That's what I am taking from this.

Yes, that's pretty much it. I don't even really save leaves, only the tiny frosty ones around the bud. Pretty much everything with a stem is tossed away unless it really sparkles.

So I see it's for the THC content, any CBD's in the leaves, for some reason I thought there was some in there and the small flowers

The small sugar leaves have lots of good stuff. When you harvest you can check with a loupe which leaves have tricomes on them. With NLarry, I think most all but the fan leaves have some good stuff. And yes I think the leaves have more cbd's.

Latest posts

Back