fogger cloner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw2012

The end is near!
Reaction score
anyone ever use a fogger type cloner? im thinking about making a cloner and am not sure if i should make one with aeroponic misters of if a fogger will work well....fogger is much much easier to make so im hoping to hear good things about them! thanks for any help

I built one a while back. For the fogger heads I used the coolmist patio cooling system. The fog heads worked great, but in order to create the fog the holes are very small. They do clog very easy, even with good water. I've tried several different styles of cloners & found I could clone just as good & fast with Grodan mini cubes, trays & domes. It's alot cheaper as well. Later Man

my roommate has a cool fogger for his lizards that uses water.. i've been meaning to get one for my own experimentation...
just search for reptile forggers

seeing as i have a container, and all id need to make the fogger cloner is the fogger that i can get on ebay for about 10 bucks do you think it is worth it? will it be faster then just cloning in soil like ive done in past years...i guess thats my question ....or should i just spend the money and get the misters or whatever i need to make that kind of aeroponic cloner? sorry if that doesnt make much sense..

for 10 bucks you do it and you telll us...lol id like to know...bbb

so i just found this thread and realized that i never did get back to everyone about this.....some what bad news is that it didnt seem to work as easily as i hoped...i only tried the setup myself for a week or so before i gave up and then i gave it to a friend and he tried it for a month or two before going back to the fish tank bubbler sort of a setup.....i think it was too much heat to let run constant...i was to cheap to buy a timer that would run for one minute out of every 4....that might have helped...i can only guess.....sorry it took more then a year to get back about it....just incase anyone has been waiting...lol

Yes, the timer would have been the key to keeping it running smoothly!

Roddy said:
Yes, the timer would have been the key to keeping it running smoothly!

Probably not. While a cycle timer would have kept the solution cooler, I did not find that to be a problem when I ran an aero cloner (I would call this an aero cloner and not a fogger, as the heads used are mist heads and not an actual fogger, which is entirely different). The problem is the mist heads clogging. I abandoned mine after several months. IMO, a bubble cloner works better and is not plagued with the problems an aero has.

Latest posts

Back