fox farm nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
i want to know what ppms sholud i have for veg , and flower

I am no where near a pro but so far I have learned much from these great folk.
I run a DWC that I run veg at 300 to 600ppm depending how long I am in veg. Flower I start off around 600 to 1100ppm.

I think most will say this is something that you will learn to feel what your plants want or need.

If you go to fox farms website they give you the chart for free ..

Pretend your growing tomato...

I started with the FF feeding schedule, but soon found that changing up the schedule worked better for MJ. with the FF line I am getting pretty good at looking at the plants and change the feeding per the plant and not a set schedule.

But to get started go by the chart but cut it 1/2 to 3/4. I think I read that your using a Ebb flow table so the chart should be pretty good to follow for now I think you will learn more of what your girls want after a little time.

daf said:

Click on the link on my sig, and that should help you get started.

daf said:
You should be aware that this is also strain dependent. I had some bubba kush(ebb&flo) that took 1800ppm with no burn and probably would have took more. Tha strawberry cough I had threw a fit when I went over 1000. Green luck 2 ya!

i am at 500ppm and lower leaves yellowing ? dont know if 2 raise ppms or they are to high

daf said:
i am at 500ppm and lower leaves yellowing ? dont know if 2 raise ppms or they are to high

Ppm and ec numbers mean nothing, you need to learn how to read your plants and be able to tell the difference between nute burn and deficiencies, and that comes from trial and error, nothing beats on the job training :D school of "Fort Nox" I call it :D

If you have a deficiencie just continue encreasing the dose on the nutes until the plant looks healthy, if you have nute burn you do the oposite, you cut back on the nutes a little by little until the plants look healthy its that simple.

daf i number of things could be happening as i posted in your other thread you have hard water that is above 200 that right there is gonna cause some problems.#2 your ph should be between 5.4-5.9 max#3 your nutes are to low you have 12-14 inch plants as you said week or 2 ago so i assume they got bigger.500 ppm is not enough espically if you started with 200 something from tap. you lock out certain things at certain ph points drifting between 5.4 and 5.9 is good you insure that the plant is uptaking everything. how you testing the ph with a meter,strips. if meter which kind? make sure your meter is reading correct calibrate it again. pics are a plus put some up

if your ppm to high just the tips would start to yellow on new growth.you want to get your plant to where just the tips are yellow looked bleached then back off your ppm alittle watch and see what happens keep them ratios for 2 weeks then try to bump up again. if they burn back off again. your plant will not take any more than that amount of ppms. this is why many people grow certain strains for a bit to figure out what that plant likes and what its limits are. i myself keep alittle journal with all my reading at certain times with the strain i note all factors ph,ppm,height, age etc i hope you get it.if you do not succed on this grow try this strain again and tweek it alittle. welcome to growing it takes time and patience

Latest posts

Back