getting my dwc grow started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker

Reaction score
when i germination my seeds what ph level should it be?

after my seed cracks open i place my seedling into the rookwool for give or take 2 weeks what do i feed my seedling while there trying to sprout?

from what i read on dwc is u finly place the seedling into the net pot after some roots pop out the bottom.

this is my first hydrophonics grow so plz help me out

Ph for hydro is 5.8

Dont feed your seedlings anything for the 2 weeks. then transplant once roots are showing.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker said:
where do i put the rockwool for those 2 weeks? do i soak the rockwool in water for the seed?

I just put them on a plate, the rockwool needs to be wet not soaked at all times.

right now all im missing is a grow lamp before i start. what week is a grow light need from week 1 or can it wait till week 2

right now all im missing is a grow lamp before i start. what week is a grow light need from week 1 or can it wait till week 2

you need a light as soon as it sprouts, CFL bulbs will work.

could i find some desent cfl light at home depo if so what spec should be looking at

Sure the 5000 -6500k bulbs are best for vegg
the 3200k warm white for flower.

It makes all the difference ! Personally with my DWC i have 400 MH for veg and dual 600's HPS for flowering ~
PS Check out the thread concerning lumens vs sg footage.

what kind of air pump is good for a 10 gal res with 4 net pots
get an aquarium air pump intended for double your res size 20gal with good airstones this would be enough. if you havea control res below your DWC plants you dont need noisy bubblers the waterfall of nutes in your res will be as good in aeration just place the hose which the water exits from above water level to make bublling on contact with water. you can use a plastic chain from hose exit into your res for water to drain on this will eliminate the noise and aerate your soluion

I personally would use the air pump and air stones in the res even with ZEM's advice. The reason being that the roots MUST have oxygen to work. A good source of inexpensive air pumps is the PETCO brand. They are significantly cheaper for the same size than anywhere else that I have found. A 200 gallon tank size with 4 outlets is only $25US. They must be pretty reliable because the PETCO stores that I have seen use their house brand pumps on tanks with thousands of dollars of exotic fish in the saltwater tanks.

Good smoking

Your Res does not need to boil like a hot tub...... a steady stream of bubbles will be enough to break the surface tension of the water and expand the surface area to oxygenate the water.....

I am not talking about 1 stream though..... say a 2 inch round airstone for a 5 gal rez.... maybe a 3-4 inch for a 10 gal... so on...

I cant think of the the numbers off the top of my head what kind of pump would be best for what.... IE GPM..... but if you are using a 5 gallon bucket for the res, pretty much the smallest of pumps would be enough..... just upsize from there for supplying more buckets.

Latest posts

Back