got it lleettssssssssss go!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4ms

ms4ms
Reaction score
I have a ? that requires your opinion if you are so inclined. What is(do you) think is best for growing:: the light say in an enclosed air cooled fixture that shines through glass or "bare" light to the plants???

well,everybody wants the best and most lumens they can put to a plant or plants.the issue is keeping it cool enough to do this,thus the glass.cookem but keepem cool doing it.jmo

I would not be able to keep my room cool enough without an air cooled reflector. With an air cooled reflector, you can also get the plants closer to the light. I can keep my girls 6-8" away from the glass without burning them.

i would only worry about this if you are having temp problems and are needing to air cool your lights to keep temps in check.

If not then it's not important enough to worry about.

With my reflector i keep my room 80f max and around 65-70 lights off.

temps average 78f when the ac kicks on.

by being able to keep the lights lower you more than make up for the extremely minor light loss <3% or so max.Keeping the lights lower with lower temps due to keeping the hot bulbs cool with a fan you increase penetration and improve bud density and final yeild.

IMO air cooled fixtures are much better than a bare bulb, unless you are running a large room and hanging 400's vertical from the ceiling or 1kers .
Your grow area really dictates your lighting setup.

I know this probably shoulod be in set up and such but this is where I will hopefully get some ideas. I am changing to 1 room with a swithable 400 and hopefully 1 row of cls. I will have inline fans this time and dedicated air ventilation which as you can see is pretty cheap with bathroom fans.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31030

Bottom line is this its all about your lights! An old timer told me this at a grow shop and I never looked back. You just need to consider your space and can you cool the light enough to keep your environment in check. I alway go by the watts per sq/foot rule when it comes to lights. But when dealing with an enclosed space its easy to get 100 degree temps with a 400w lamp. You can greatly reduce that temp by air cooling your lamp. If you want that bigger lamp because you want bigger buds then get it just make sure you cool it. IMO 1kers are hard as hell to keep cool in an enclosed space unless you got A/C and 8in exhaust fans.

Latest posts

Back