Grape Ape,White Widow, Auto Bubbliscious Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be less Bud then a Small Auto and a waste of the potential of the Plant.

from what iv gathered, a method to find the sex of a plant without moving the whole plant into flower, is to take your clippings like normal, cuts and cloning gel everything, pop in rapidrooters/rockwool and stick in your cloner tray, mist with water and cover with dome, stick tray/dome with "clones" into the flower space, after about 14 days the clippings will be flowering even without a root system, if you simply cut/clone and stick in flower the plant doesnt get the necessary amount of energy and due to the 12/12 light schedule the veg/flower hormones begin to balance infavor of the flower hormones, so the veg hormones take a back seat and arnt in full control so to speak, thus without the veg hormones being higher then the flower hormones the clipping never throws roots. the veg hormone is needed for rooting, without a proper light schedule for vegging the clippings will never really root properly nor will they grow much larger then they are now. basicly youll be flowering a lower branch in a seperate pot. if you want to keep a mother plant and/or clones its pretty important to have either a seperate veg and flower area OR while still in veg phase in your single tent with a known female plant, you take your clippings, clone and veg for a few weeks THEN swap over to flower phase. if you have 2 seperate areas you can take clippings pretty much when ever,in veg or flower, if in flower within the first 2 weeks is best, later in flower requires longer re-veg time.

sorry for the run on, but honestly if you want to keep a mother and/or rotation of clones to keep the strain alive for years i highly recommend you invest in a T5 fixture and set up a new area for veg/mother/clones. its the only way you can properly manage cloning at the moment, simply taking clones and keeping in 12/12 isnt going to do much but flower that branch and more then likely that branch will die after a few weeks from a lack of a root system or will simply be a pathetic little twig with some little tiny popcorn buds, would be more like a pinch of shake when dried, if it survives a 8-10 week flower period. so all in all your just going to lower the yield on the orginal plant you took the clippings from the "grape Ape" i believe, without the root system the clippings will never reach anywhere near its potential as compaired to those brances being left on the orginal plant. gotta do it right or not at all, the more you try without doing it properly the more youll be hurting the final result of the orginal plants. gotta veg those clones. also as i said in a previous post, it IS possible to save the strain without clones, simply flower out the orginal plant, harvest all but the bottom quarter or bottom third of the plant, pretty much all that will be left are the tiny popcorn buds on the bottom that never got much light so they are small and not worth more then a pinch of shake, then change your single tent setup back to veg and put the remainder of the orginal plant back into the tent under the veg lights/schedule and let it veg for another month or 2, its gonna look wierd for a while, throwing single bladed leaves as the veg hormones rise and over take the flower hormones, bringing the plant closer and closer back to a full vegitative state, THEN after it looks normal again, no more re-veg mutated leaves, then you can take clones when your able to and root them properly under veg lights/schedule. veg the orginal plant and the clones until they are the size you like then flip to flower again. by this time you will either have another space to veg/clone/keep mother plants or you wont and will have to re-veg again.

Sunkard sorry i missed your post man, its never a rant always informative lol! Anyways I'm moving soon so i decided to get rid of my little clones and my autos were struggling anyways. It was a tough choice but good news i found my other 2 white widow seeds so to be continued on those. I will eventually set up at my next house just not yet.

I do however still have my two big plants that I'm thinking of bringing down soon! My grape ape spells so delicious and whatever this bag seed ended up being it smells nice and lemony :hubba: was thinking of giving them the 3 days in the dark this week then chop do you think they're ready? i don't have a magnifying glass but from what i can the trichs are mostly white n cloudy I'm not even sure what that all the way means but they are. anyway heres the pics :icon_smile:

photo 1-14.JPG

photo 2-13.JPG

photo 3-14.JPG

photo 1-15.JPG

photo 2-14.JPG

photo 3-15.JPG

photo 4-11.JPG

nvm got my answer they need at least another 3 weeks, i want these grow out enough to last because there will some time before i set anything up at my next spot if i even do at all!

yeah you read my mind bud lol, those most defently need at LEAST 3 more weeks, my autos have about 4 weeks left to go and they look a bit fatter then your plants do, defently need more time, id say 4-6 weeks maybe, they should be about 2x as fat as they are now, when i trimmed my sour diesel plant a few months ago i had some branches that look like your plants and when dried the buds were about 1.5-3grams each, not what i wanted and the smaller buds lower on those branches were lucky if they were a gram dried, they may look like halfdollar sized buds but thats only about a quarter size when dried, defently more time, id say take a look in another 3 weeks, but id still push them another 4 at least, depending on what they look like in 3-4 weeks they could possibly need another 2, most plants out there are an average of 8-10 weeks for flowering, sometimes a week or 2 longer.

sunakard2000 said:
yeah you read my mind bud lol, those most defently need at LEAST 3 more weeks, my autos have about 4 weeks left to go and they look a bit fatter then your plants do, defently need more time, id say 4-6 weeks maybe, they should be about 2x as fat as they are now, when i trimmed my sour diesel plant a few months ago i had some branches that look like your plants and when dried the buds were about 1.5-3grams each, not what i wanted and the smaller buds lower on those branches were lucky if they were a gram dried, they may look like halfdollar sized buds but thats only about a quarter size when dried, defently more time, id say take a look in another 3 weeks, but id still push them another 4 at least, depending on what they look like in 3-4 weeks they could possibly need another 2, most plants out there are an average of 8-10 weeks for flowering, sometimes a week or 2 longer.

yeah these have only been flowering about 5 weeks so ill take them to 8-9 weeks

Latest posts

Back