Green House- Lemon Skunk.... Drip, hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:woohoo: :farm: I love my water farm too!

they grow soooo fast!

I am enjoying your journal and your post about the liquid silicon caught my eye, I will be researching that further.

I have a wonderful root system and I use General Hydroponics and I just started adding the micro nuits and they have taken off and gotten a nice dark green, starting the 12/12 soon!

I'll be watching and hopfully learning! :D

is this liquid silicon added only when they are young sprouts or thru the whole process?

Hay Ilikebigbuds, whats up bro.... The liquid silicone starts at my second reservoir change and stays constant threw out the hole grow till its ready to flush...

And welcome mawth420, if anyones got any questions just shoot...

OK the baby lemons are now 10 days old and roots are coming out all over the 1" rock-wool and the leaves are starting to get a little litter and the cotyledons are turning yellow. So i decided it was time to transplant and start the neuts.. So i gathered all my materials.
Ionic Grow, Teaspoon, PPM & PH meter, Large bowl to dip my cubes in, Water, and trays i bought from walmart...
PICTURE 1

So i went a head and pre soaked all of my 4" blocks in .4-.5 EC of ionic grow and placed into my trays.
PICTURE 2 & PICTURE 3

Thin i soaked all of my 1" rock-wools in the solution.
PICTURE 4

Thin carefully placed into the 4" rockwools.
PICTURE 5

Thin into my veg room where they sit about 1" under the lights...
PICTURE 6

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

i like your choice of nutes.Ionic is some good,easy to use,dependable nutrients.I'd say 90% of the people i know that grow live by the stuff.i've always used it in soil grows but never in a hydro setup.i was thinking about ordering some of them lemon skunk seeds a few weeks back.(i got some b-4 it is was perfect.smelt very lemony with a sweet sour taste.you could smell it through the bag.I had it stashed while i was driving with it and it still stunk up my ride.good choice bro,i'll be watchin your journal..good luck-
peace
p.s.
whats your ionic to water ratio.(how many tea spoons to each gallon?)everybody i know adds a different amount.some go heavy and some use what the bottle recommends,some just pour and then test but i only have a ph meter rather than a ph/ec meter..i need to get one but have got some stuff to take care of so i'm thinking i'm just gonna hold off.

Hey man, good lookin' stuff you got going here. Keep it up. I was gonna try those ionic nutes too after I saw storzbickel using them. You know what they say though, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks bro, yeah i have never used it for soil but i will soon... Yeah most of my close growing buds use ionics and swear by it. And yeah cant wait to grow these lemons, mmmm.... And for the ratio, i pretty much go by the EC but i am pretty much going with the recommended "4 tsp a gallon". I just started neuts at 1/4 strength which was 1 tsp a gallon... Ionics are so easy, i wish all growers new about them...

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
i like your choice of nutes.Ionic is some good,easy to use,dependable nutrients.I'd say 90% of the people i know that grow live by the stuff.i've always used it in soil grows but never in a hydro setup.i was thinking about ordering some of them lemon skunk seeds a few weeks back.(i got some b-4 it is was perfect.smelt very lemony with a sweet sour taste.you could smell it through the bag.I had it stashed while i was driving with it and it still stunk up my ride.good choice bro,i'll be watchin your journal..good luck-
peace
p.s.
whats your ionic to water ratio.(how many tea spoons to each gallon?)everybody i know adds a different amount.some go heavy and some use what the bottle recommends,some just pour and then test but i only have a ph meter rather than a ph/ec meter..i need to get one but have got some stuff to take care of so i'm thinking i'm just gonna hold off.

Thanks a lot bro, and yeah thats a good saying, but ionic nutrients are cheap "$25 a gallon", Easy to use "Only 1 part for veg, and 2 for flower" and produces just as well if not better than those that require you to mix 30 dif. bottles "Which i used before this", don't burn as easily, great for beginners wanting to get into hydro, and produce advanced growing results... If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Why wait till it breaks? LOL, glad your here to watch bro. Now site around the circle as we pass this peace pipe...

Prodigious Puff said:
Hey man, good lookin' stuff you got going here. Keep it up. I was gonna try those ionic nutes too after I saw storzbickel using them. You know what they say though, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

nice setup. My next grow will prolly be hydro. I like the way you have yours setup. Nice and small. I will be watchin and learnin. Good luck bro.

Yeah, just go the easy way... No pumps no buckets for the first couple months, or until sex shows.. Just dip rockwool into solution every so often...

the dudes at my local homeharvest.com shop (hydroponic shop) the dudes in there say its hands down the most reliable and easy to use nutrient solution they sell.everytime i'm in there i see somebody cashin out at the register with a bottle or 2 of ionic.i actually noticed the company that bottled it was right around the corner from my moms house.do all hydroponic shops that sell it get it from the same bottler or is it made up locally everywhere?
my friend had a 3 1/2 feet tall (when it went into flowering)inside
a bowl.he was "dipping" the rockwool. It was a little extra work but his plant was healthy as can be.he used ionic and lemon juice when he needed to but his leafs were always a healthy green (besides when they started falling off)
its ok if you only have a couple plants but it would suck if you had to dip a bunch of plants.personally though,i'd rather be runnin them spickets =) but like you say "if it aint broke dont fix it" why not do what works.im gonna be doin my first hydro grow on an igs system,but i'm also gonna be using some superthrive during veg,and some of the carbo load during flowering.i'm also gonna be using that batanicare hydroguard to help ot my roots. but anyways,its nice to see someone else on the forum usin ionic.thanks for your presence =) peace dude

Hay man thanks for stopping by my side of the corner.. LOL.... But yeah that ionic is some good stuff... And thing is its easier/ cheaper to just hand dip them in the beginning because for one you only really need to dip every say 3 days and 2. instead of using a big rez say 20 gallons i can use just 2 gallons to fill my blocks once. I like to veg say month thin place into flower till sex shows thin place girls onto rock wool slabs and hook up my drippers..

sup timmy,Thats a good idea dude.that seems to work good for ya then,huh?
my system holds 40 but i'm gonna veg 15 extra plants,just so i can fill the holes i'll have after i pluck the males.im just gonna do the whole dipping thing with the 15 plants until i get all my plants sexed,then they'll go into my system. i'm just gonna be dippin em into my res.i'll prolly dip em once a day.i'm gonna veg til my plants are about 2 ft tall.one of my strains im gonna be growing is the madala kalichokra,and i've been told the strain gets pretty tall so i'm gonna supercop it,hopefully it works.i have ligamentitous and tendonitous in my ankle and it says the strains good for pain and depression so i'm kinda geeked to beable to toke it.the stuff looks amazing.anyways i'll be checkin out your threads my dude.i'm really curious to see your results from dipping. -peace bro

this gj has a lot of good info for someone wanting to possibly get into hydro like myself :D. if and when i do go hydro (more than likely DWC) i will definetly get some ionic nutes by the way you guys talk about it haha. anyways good luck, im curious to see how the lemons do

Dam your system holds 40? Sounds pretty big, sounds like you'll have a jungle. How big is it?! And if your dipping, just lift them now and thin and you'll know by how much it weights to know when to dip.. And that madala kalichokra sounds sick... You have a grow journal??..

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
sup timmy,Thats a good idea dude.that seems to work good for ya then,huh?
my system holds 40 but i'm gonna veg 15 extra plants,just so i can fill the holes i'll have after i pluck the males.im just gonna do the whole dipping thing with the 15 plants until i get all my plants sexed,then they'll go into my system. i'm just gonna be dippin em into my res.i'll prolly dip em once a day.i'm gonna veg til my plants are about 2 ft tall.one of my strains im gonna be growing is the madala kalichokra,and i've been told the strain gets pretty tall so i'm gonna supercop it,hopefully it works.i have ligamentitous and tendonitous in my ankle and it says the strains good for pain and depression so i'm kinda geeked to beable to toke it.the stuff looks amazing.anyways i'll be checkin out your threads my dude.i'm really curious to see your results from dipping. -peace bro

Thanks bro, and let me say once you go hydro you dont go back.. Kinda cost a bit to start but its cheap once you have all your tools..

crazyc411 said:
this gj has a lot of good info for someone wanting to possibly get into hydro like myself :D. if and when i do go hydro (more than likely DWC) i will definetly get some ionic nutes by the way you guys talk about it haha. anyways good luck, im curious to see how the lemons do

Ok the babys are now 14 days old. I just dipped them into .6ec of ionic grow and silicon blast and 5.8 ph.

Here they are just chilling...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Latest posts

Back