Greenhouse Info needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco3420

Half assed gardener
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here but have many posts on other forums, {Planet Ganja, the Gardens cure}.I didn't get much feedback from many folks so I'm hoping someone here can offer some info. I'm planning on growing in a greenhouse this coming spring. I know it gets pretty hot inside and was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is good or bad for my plants. I would also like to know about ventilation inside of a greenhouse and how it can be achieved. I have a greenhouse with 8 windows and a door on each end. I plan on putting fans inside and would like to know if I need anything else. This will be my first year using one. I lost quite a few plants to mold last year because of all the rain we had out here. {I'm in NY, on Long island}. It gets humid out here too so any input on how to keep greenhouse plants healthy would be greatly appreciated

This is hard subject, Ive only grown 1 plant outdoors...all i can suggest is go with your gut instinct, i wouldnt use fans inside i would just open windows slightly..i know you dont want the mold and rott but theres products you can use anyway. Go with your gut and ask questions as problems arise. Temp shouldnt be a problem unless it gets to high

Use the fans indoors. You want your plants swaying in the breeze. I have an indoor garden and I have fans all over my garden running all the time, even in the winter. I just cycle my light cooling fan off and on to keep temps up. Many green houses have thermostatic vents to open when it starts to get too hot. If you don't have one keep an eye on the temps and open windows and doors as needed. You need to keep fresh air going into your garden unless you add co2. When growing in a greenhouse you have to grow like inside except for the lighting. Unless you cover the greenhouse to induce flowering when the days are too long.

You are going to need a fan for air circulation and exhaust fans. Most green houses have windows that open on both sides of the roof peak, for the heat can be dissipated back out, along with the other fans.

Try fitting some opening louvred lower window panels....................
With the roof vents open
A "stack effect" is created.....................
Where rising hot air escapes and draws cooler fresh air in from the lower vents.........

Latest posts

Back