GreenZA's First Outdoor Grow Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenZA

Reaction score
Hi
I live in the "*** end" of SA and in my area the is no such thing as a hydro shop or anything that even resembles a place to get specialized nutrients or ferts so i am winging it as i go :)
Just a bit of back story because a i just love to tell story's :).
I have been smoking for the past 15 years but was never in the position to really grow anything substantial , a plant here or there.
Myself and my wife have just moved into or first owned house( no land lords to worry about) and of coarse i wanted to convert a room into a indoor garden but the wife wasn't having any of that:)
So i was sitting in my Favorite spot in the garden having a relaxing smoke wondering how i could convince her that it was a good idea to convert a room when i spotted a small lady sprouting :D i cleared some space around her ad kept and eye .
Over the next few day i noticed a few more ladies sprouting so i cleared some more of my wife's flowers out the way for the ladies , haha now she was starting to get worried because she was seeing more of her flowers disappearing.
Some more of my seeds somehow found there way to the patch :) and more flowers got moved.
This went on until one day my wife got home and there wasnt one of her flowers left and the tree was cut back so the ladies could get more sun , she turned to me and said "right just one or two plants...."
I now decided to take this a lot more seriously but i was sitting with the problem that i had done no prep work on the soil at all it was just "soil" and i didn't have the heart to pull out all my ladies and start again properly or the balls to tell my wife i wanted more of the garden.
I decided that the first thing i needed to get right was the quality of the soil. i started with a 2 inch layer of what i call good muck , basically it was this really black gunge that had formed in my gutter being clogged and the previous owners didn't care about.
I then put down another 2 inch layer of compost and then a 1 inch layer of high grade potting soil.
I then got a good quality organic chicken litter fert and added a layer of that and then topped it of with a 3 inch layer of homemade course compost.
I am hoping that this will help with the soil quality , what do u guys think?
I have a feeling that i have over crowed my patch because more just kept sprouting and i didn't have the heart to pull them out.
i am also not sure how many will be male or female so some will go as soon as i can sex them.
I also have no idea of the strain some hook like sativa some look like idica and some look hybrid , these were just bag seeds from some really good stuff.
These are my ladies at 2.5 months of age and i still have 2 months until they will start to flower.
Please can i get some advice on how to get the best out of my ladies as i am winging it as i go
Here they are

01-IMG-20130122-00048.jpg

02--20130122-00049.jpg

03-20130122-00050.jpg

08-20130122-00055.jpg

10-20130122-00057.jpg

05-20130122-00052.jpg

09-20130122-00056.jpg

0620130122-00053.jpg

Looking good....are you legal? If not how stealth is that garden? Nosy neighbors can be a PITA. Good luck and Green Mojo.

unfortunately it not "legal" but the joy of living in SA is that the herb is cheap and the police are absolutely useless and dont care about the little grower as long as i don't intend to sell it. As for my neigbours i have a 10 foot wall all around the property and it would be very hard to see into the property

Latest posts

Back