Greetings From SoCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kram

Reaction score
Hello all. Spring will be my first growing attempt, this looks like the perfect place to learn and minimize mistakes. I’ll be growing outdoors.

Yo Ho Kram,

Sounds like your about to prepare to get ready to start to begin what sounds like a fruitful journey. Ha-Ha your going to get so hooked on growing.

Good Growing To You Friend, and welcome to our site. Please do peruse the site rules, you will find them few and easy to run with. Should you have any questions at all, just sing out...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Hey Kram, welcome to Mp forum. Outdoor growing in SOCal, huh? Well, you'll need to water those things. Will you have access to plenty of water?

You'll learn a lot on this site. All the information you need is contained in these pages. Good luck!

Welcome to MP! You'll find what ya need here, read anything that has sticky attached to it also! This will help ya out tremendously!

Welcome to MP...loads of great info and great people here....enjoy

howdy KRAM, just wanna say willkommen...you're at the right place to gain the knowledge needed to achieve your goal of croppin' squeef....as soon as we recieve your membership fee of $5,000,000 we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have...lol jk ...welcome to the site

Thanks for the welcome. I have scanned many of the threads; it appears there is a lot of information to take in. A quick glance I did not see a thread referencing outdoor (non-human) predators. Specifically will rabbits and squirrels enjoy the weed as much as I? I grow pretty damn good tomatoes so I should grow good pot.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

rabbits will enjoy your plants if u let them. When I was doing the outdoor thing, I had a rabbit munch my clones down to a stub sticking out of the ground. That is when I implemented a chicken wire cage around them, painted green to blend in with the environment. The cage will need to be removed after the young plant has established itself, or at least the top opened up so the plants can grow. I also used dried cayenne, and jalapeno peppers, ground into a fine powder. I would apply a nice sized mound of this around a 3' or so perimeter of each plant...one sniff of this stuff, and they probably won't be back.

The worst type of predators for your plants though are other people. Leo, and pot theives...first rule of thumb, is to tell NO one of your grow...your "best" friends are the ones that will jack you...trust me, I've lost alot of friends over the yrs. until I figured out it's just better to do this alone. Partnerships don't work.

Welcome to MP...you will get all the info you need here, if you don't find what your looking for, just ask! I'm glad you found us!

Doesn't blood meal help keep rabbits away?

lol...I don't know...it didn't work with these ones...blood meal is one of the things I used to amend the soil with. PC Duck said something about irish spring soap...I had never heard this, but it makes sense, and I'd bet it works!

Latest posts

Back