Grow Tents???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooper9

GrOwInG uP
Reaction score
Hi all im interested in a grow tent for growing and was wondering if any one had any suggestions??? looking a 1.2 1.2 2m tent i have also heard there is some tents that have pvc in them that mess up the grow! be happy for some info off pro lol :joint:

I have 2 HomeBoxes 1 XL I and 1 XS that I will use on the next grow for germ. I got both of them on eBay for a pretty good price. I don't have any complaints, and as far as grow tents I belive HB is the top dog...:hubba:

You can see my set up in my journal...

i started withe the grow tents and hate the damned things.save your money and apply it to building a real grow area.they are ok if thats all ya can do.but i wish i had never bought them myself.

:yeahthat: if you have the room you could build an area bigger than tent for same price. 2x4's, 1/4" plywood, caulk, flat white paint, & lil know how & youll prob have something twice as big. imo just not worth it

andy52 said:
i started withe the grow tents and hate the damned things.save your money and apply it to building a real grow area.they are ok if thats all ya can do.but i wish i had never bought them myself.

what was the down points you found with the tents andy,i was thinking of getting one at some point :holysheep:

I agree if you can build a room then do it. I do not own my house and tents break down easily and do no kinda harm to my house. When I do finally buy a house then I will build a room... BUT if you rent like I do and want something easy then the tent is a good choice IMO, HomeBox tents do not have any PVC and they do not have the same problems as other tents do...

I use a tent and i have had nothing but the best harvest from it. Its great if you rent and need to break it down quickly. IMO

Cheers for the advice ppl i rent myself so tent would be best bet.homebox xl is my choice with my 600w light il let you's no the out come :joint:

i got a home box xl there great you got the rite idea a 600w will do it up nice you will love it. im only running a 400w HPS with some CFLs for extra light

HPIM4680.JPG

HPIM4681.JPG

i have 3 home box tents and i hate the things.its hard to get to your plants.other than that,they do work nicely.to me its just a size issue.do not get me wrong,i'm growing in them now.its just that i will get rid of them when i decide wher i will set up next.the homebox is a nice tent,just i would rather have a grow area that i can walk into and really re able to access all my plants.you will se what i am talking about once you have a grow going.

Yes andy i think i no where u r coming from as i am doing a closet grow and there aint much space to water etc,but il gav it a go.any ideas on how many plants you could get in a 1.2 1.2 2.0 tent?

if i were too make a tent with plenty of space ,what would be the best surrounding material too use?,i hear pvc is no good totally

:yeahthat:

They call it Panda Film. The white side reflects the light well. It is light tight. I would recommend getting 6 mil or heavier for ease of use.

I've got 2 Darkroom tents and love them. Only 1 is setup at the moment but it allows me to have 2 light cycles in one room.

i cant find pandafilm anywere in google for the uk,just gives me kungfu panda the film lol,anyone know any links for that stuff in uk ? :)

in that size tent,i would only grow 2 plants. that is feet right?i have a small 2x2x4 tent i was using for veg,way too small.i could only get 4 plants in there and it was tight.i plan on using it only for a mother plant,some day.

BUDISGUD said:
i cant find pandafilm anywere in google for the uk,just gives me kungfu panda the film lol,anyone know any links for that stuff in uk ? :)
google black and white poly:hubba:;)

Snooper9, I got a home box L, it's 3.5 x 3.5 x 6.5, so far no problems with my first grow in a tent. I own my house and the tent was the best pick for what I wanted to do. A small scale stealth ops. I got 4 5gal pots and will be adding 2 3gal pots in the future. You can check me out. Lowkeyed/Stealth Ops.

2 weeks after transplant.JPG

Latest posts

Back