growing for dumies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha....You cats getting crazy technical. And Technically, you are all wrong.
Dr. Fever is on the right track...but dude...don't get all upset.

It's all about the P.A.R. man. P.A.R. Watts specifically.
Photosynthetically Active Radiation

Photons are just the delivery method. Photons out of the range of PAR are useless.

I'm not even tryin' to explain this, so do a google search if you want.

Bottom line, 99.9% of growers only look at the lumens, as this was what manufacturers listed as the the term of "measurement". Folks just trusted that the guys making the bulbs knew what they were doing and the usuable "light" for the plant was maximized, which was the case mainly.

LED tech has started to bring a different understanding of light measurement and thus new ways to look at what kind of lights to buy.

For me, it's all blah,blah,blah.

You worried about your light situation, easy...add another light.

I look as lumens as getting you in the ballpark and PAR lets ya tweek it and get in the front row:)

By the way, the plants are looking decent. Good luck and have fun with your grow

Ya I hear ya Hal, kiss (keep it simple stupid). Thanks pcduck.

cab1 I loaded with lights all is good smelling sweet plant one is 5 days from 120 cycle trics are still clear rain water has turned bud production up for sure as the Xtra lighting thanks all!

plant 2 which is different strain the plant one indica I think lots of big leaves and spiraling leafs around budding. Trics are turning amber @ 19days from expected cut date was flipped 2 weeks after plant one. looking like plant one is going an extra week or 2 based off trics

plant 3 is taller then the lights started bending top may tie it over still has some room this was flipped a month after plant one and two weeks after #2. It shares a pot with plant 4 which is same strain as 2&3

plant 4 is smaller then 3 budding well seems a week behind plant 3 have not looked at them much as they are in rear of cab I just leave them alone. I was going for a plant every 2 weeks to be ready but that seems to have gone out the window

as always info is great and I thank you I'm advance for any light you can shine in ;)

Well plant 2 is really excelling past plant 1 with amber trics tempted to chop it just to make room and don't want to let it get to many ambera and riah losing quality as its the first time for me trying to determine when a plant is ready to cut/trim

To chop or not to chop... Brought #2 outside to try to look at trics to get a better idea found sitting outside watching a weed bask in the sun may be the most tranquil amazing peace of mind I have had in a bit. Can't get a pic with cam and microlens I have ita a cheap one. So I am thinking I might leave plant 2 outside permanently seeing I think its gonna get chopped real soon only 2' so no eyes can see her in hiding spot. Figure it can't go back to the cab and risk contamination of others almost thinking of grabing the other two pots and moving them out as well any input in these crazy thoughts?

Lack of input... Just hit em with the hose gonna bring em in if no one responds I guess

This place is feeling li'l like real life "talking to myself...)

well as posted sprayed em down to debug em.. Moved 1-2 inside out side of cabs with dehumidifier running all out to dry em..

will move back outside in am may chop no idea atm have pics just lackmof interest uploading as talking to myself

Are you saying that plant #2 has amber trics at day 19 of flower? That seems mighty early for me. Is this an auto?

All I can say is it was random bag seeds for all plants that I hand picked and saved over the last year of stuff I have gone thru. So plant 2 could be an auto for all I know. These were the best of 12mo meds that worked for my PTSD. Strange I figured they would be same as up until I joined here I was im the dark about all this stuff. So plant 1 is what looks to me to be a indica skinny long leaves and plant 2 has the broader spiraling leaves around buds sativa?

any way I planted feb 1 and veged them together plant 1 was flipped xactly 60 days from hitting the dirt seeds were in wet paper towels before Feb 1. Plant 2 was left in veg for 14 more days then plant 1. Plant 1 is coming up on 60 days June 1. Plant 2 should be at 60 days of flower June 14, bit has amber trics already yes.

raining today they are both indoors out side of cab 1 with the door open right up by the lights. Plant 1 is looking frosty masses of red pistals have to take a look at the trics today but the sun enhance their buds it seems plant 2 has big bushy buds that yesterday has mostly all white piztals and today they are turned amber I'd say 50\50 have to take a closer look at it also I'm sure trics are majority amber if I had to guess off what on seen. Every time I go near them I just want to eat them yes eat them lol.

Well I cut and trimmed pl@nt 2 from every thing I could see it was ready regardless of my schedule not knowing strains I just assumed 120 days for each start to finish probably should have flipped them all together next set was all flipped same day so see how it goes

off to decide #1s fate now

Ok so plant one is also drying. Plant one had double the bud. Both gave me a little nug of bud from accidentally sniping to close. Threw them in the microwaze smoke some of plant 2 pretty freaking lifted just can from a physco appointment so I was pretty stressed up. Nice even for the rush dry. Smoked some out of a magicfligjt vaporizer and some out of a regular bowl the bowl rock me.

Something is wrong. There is no way that you are going to have amber trichs after only 19 days of flowering. You would know if it was an auto.

Today was day 58 0f fl0wering for plant 1 after 60 days veg (yielded most) this was in a 5 gallon container with 2 1/2" cut off the bucket so maybe 4gal. Emptied the roots and the tap root was very small looks to have bent in froth and really stopped root froth maybe bad transplant or waited 2 long to trans.

today was day 44 of flower with 74ish days veg
this plant was in a 1gal pot I think. Was a repurpoised square ground coffee container. Soil was heavily mixed with sand and mg something or another. Roots were real nice on this but yeild was half of plant one. I have no scale so hard to say atm.

had to move cabs for a repair man appt figured just cut em both rather then mess with chancing them outside. Plants 3+4 have been move outside around 3' in a 5gallon bucket they were 2 of 4 that were started in that bucket and are in a heavy perlite sand mg moisture peat mix 1/4 each I'd guess and rocks as well as 2" coasts rock in bottom of bucket. May be ready soon have nit looked at it in days scary thinking how big it may get in the sun haha. Well into flower. 30 days or so maybe 35 kind of wanted them all to finish 2weeks apart

They are loving the sun plant 3 has trics showing and pistals are turning color would guess its over 2' now smells nice had to pit in near a bunch of spearmint plants. Plant 4 In same container is a bit behind due to me traumatizing it a few times. Getting tall probably 20" now lots of bud looks more like plant 2 did atm. All else is going green nicely.

Growing along. So plant 3 is very happy to have escaped the cabinet and be outdoors putting on weight think it was well past its stretch point when moved trics ate looking good.

plant 4 is growing fast almost as tall as plant 3 which is amazing not sure if it has trics didn't bother too look

plant 5 was severely split after topping and the another fatal prune after flowering also in a 1gallon pot pretty much is doing good for all that very small 4 collas

plant 6 in a 2 gallon pot is soon to be the new monster and growing like crazy think it has 10 colla point or more might be doin lst or hst limited vis is needed here can't have crazy plantation plants growinGG on here

7,8 are pretty close to 6 with around 10 cola sites as well also in 2 gallon pots

9 is in 1 gallon and looking good all into flower as all above. These have maybe 6+ sites

just gonna grow everything out in current size pots as this was just a first run will be getting seeds and lights for the winter run for sure more to come out of this run yet god willing will be a long green summer.

plant 2 is doing nice drying have taken all bit the main cola stem buds and smoke it so nice and relaxing so happy to have found this site and all of you who were nice enough to help with advice thanks and have a bunch of pics no p/c tho atm will post em at some point. Less then an ounce or maybe just one between the first two plants but free so no complaints

Thank you MP

So after sitting outside with them it looks like plant 3 is same as plant 1 seed strain and plant 4 is same as plant 2 and only reason plant 4 has almost matched plant 3 in height plant 4 will easily be the big winner in weight as was plant 1 both have grown out better then the other 2 by double

Just got my Massachusetts mmj recommendation. 10z 6/6 total 12 plants

so I cut 3 & 4 now have 12. 5 in full flower and 7 veg only 2 weeks tops left for the 5 flowering ones. They are all outdoor on a 2x8 patio. With cover for storms

:icon_smile: Still growing along. Just counted 10tops on the biggest plant can't wait. Slight breeze today 70• ish smells so good blowing in the door. Another has 9 and then a few with 7 tops each all smelling nice:icon_smile:

thinking of buying the bigboy hydro tent set up from htg for 1k any advice on where to get a full set up for under a grand :hubba: ready to get real :holysheep:

Quick question got fox farlrm nutes fed Twice now ever plant is fine except one all the shade fan leaves fell off???

looking good little buds for having nutes and direct sun 10hrs

Latest posts

Back