growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope so Zem, glad you got it figured out. It sure is hard to really diagnose when you cant be there to see feel hear smell etc.

Wel Kraven this issue is not simple, it is quite tricky, crossing my fingers and hoping

i can say that i was able to determine that they stopped deterioration, 48 hours ago i raised the ph to 6 added Ca and lowered ppm from 1350 to 1100, then 24 hours ago i added P, K and Mg, now they are definitely showing improvement, problem is, i still am not sure which is my issue :confused:

So I thought I had everything renovated, i went in there to replace the older bulb with the newer one, i shut the breaker for the lights and replaced the bulb switched the breaker on and bypassed the timer by switching the "I" button on it, and as normally the lights ignited, so i shut it closed the hood and thought to wipe it a bit, to see better i chose to fire the light again, but it would not go on! i kept trying again and i was sure i had not let the light heat up, it was only fired for seconds, I suspected the timer more than the breaker, anyway after several trials i hit the "I" again, and after a few seconds, i think i heard a click in the timer and both lights fired exactly at the same time, i tried in on and off and it is back to normal now. Now the tricky part is that I have a scheduled trip in a month's time, and now i am scared, to leave it running with that timer, which is an awesome piece imo, it had been running my lights for what 13 years? it was the first light timer i had ever bought, but believe it or not, i have seen this type and brand run for much longer in household water heaters, they simply never die, but i am thinking maybe it is better safe than sorry, it is only 33$ and i would keep the old as spare part, maybe use it on something less risky or delicate than my growroom lol oh well, I guess I thought that loud with you and I will just salute that old timer and put it to its well deserved retirement lol i still would like to hear what you would do. thanks all :48:

RIP good ol' timer.

Time for a new one, if you're going on a trip. You know it's the right choice :D

Reactions: zem
i got to the door and I remembered to go get my cell for pics, something that i always seem to forget, anyway, this is 32 days in now, it's bloody hot over here daytime close to 38 Celcius. in the flowering chamber at night when lights are on, the venting is doing a great job, temps are steady 30C or below, this strain does not like the heat, but it is still looking well, usually i would have a more fluffy airy bud harvest during this season, i am trying to make it better this time

View attachment 20150804_201521.jpg

View attachment 20150804_201424.jpg

View attachment 20150804_201445.jpg

View attachment 20150804_201935.jpg

View attachment 20150804_202039.jpg

oh the pics below are for my veg jungle, i have countless vegging plants in there i don't know what the hell happened to me when i transplanted all those, i am embarrassed to say the number, but they are filling 5.5'x2' space in smallish pots :eek: anyway either i am being stupid or i have a plan :laugh: one thing for sure i am very stoned atm lol cheers

RIP good ol' timer.

Time for a new one, if you're going on a trip. You know it's the right choice :D

btw Doc, it only took a little bit of thinking when i remembered, that i had recently installed 2 brand new timers for garage and stair lights, i can definitely change any of them with my old timer, it was looking me right in the face :D

btw Doc, it only took a little bit of thinking when i remembered, that i had recently installed 2 brand new timers for garage and stair lights, i can definitely change any of them with my old timer, it was looking me right in the face :D

Hah, awesome! :)

I saw some electrics like that in India :48:

:rofl: thats the veg box, i kind of put those lights together from shoplight scraps, the connections are wrapped with insulation tape it''s safer than it appears, the weird metallic wires that are zigzagging are just hangers for the tubes, and have no electric in them

I made a home made grow light out of 3x 2 foot flouros from the diy shop. I screwed them to a board and used tin foil covered card as the reflectors. Used it for 1 veg and it worked ok. I've still got it for super emergencies. In fact I used it when my hps ballast died and had to flower with my 250w cfl for a few days

I made a home made grow light out of 3x 2 foot flouros from the diy shop. I screwed them to a board and used tin foil covered card as the reflectors. Used it for 1 veg and it worked ok. I've still got it for super emergencies. In fact I used it when my hps ballast died and had to flower with my 250w cfl for a few days

i would remove the tinfoil just paint the board matt white. i like to suspend them individually, i have 5x 4ft 36w fluros never even considered buying more "legit" lights for vegging because they always satisfied me to veg with. i am considering changing them to LED if i end up switching my hps to led

I am also very interested in Leds but I think I'll wait until they come down in price a bit since I'm not sure any yield increase will be significant enough to justify the initial cost at the mo. Plus I've spent a bit recently on my new space and need to rein it in. Think of the advances in LED tech while I sit here procrastinating and smoking bongs.

Looking good zem, just goes to show that a little DIY can save money and still grow weed.

I am also very interested in Leds but I think I'll wait until they come down in price a bit since I'm not sure any yield increase will be significant enough to justify the initial cost at the mo. Plus I've spent a bit recently on my new space and need to rein it in. Think of the advances in LED tech while I sit here procrastinating and smoking bongs.

yeah well, the marsII is $180-190 for 400W real draw 180-200w. if it can replace a 400w hps with similar results, it becomes reasonable and worthy, i have been wondering about LED tubes the fluro replacement, it's 21w to replace 36, for 6-7$ a piece, but i am not sure if they will do the job and veg well so i am still using my shop lights

Looking good zem, just goes to show that a little DIY can save money and still grow weed.

yes i work this way, i save where i can, and save the funds for the more important stuff, like quality ballasts, lights, pumps, dehumidifier, rail, etc... while i use free stuff like cardboard for sectioning areas, polysheets to make reservoirs and grow trays, and i had a bunch of old shop lights that were removed primarily because of their old bad appearance, i dismantled the broken parts and reassembled them only had to buy a couple of starters and i have 5 working lights that my plants appreciate the same as they would appreciate new fixtures

Latest posts

Back