growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah well, the marsII is $180-190 for 400W real draw 180-200w. if it can replace a 400w hps with similar results, it becomes reasonable and worthy, i have been wondering about LED tubes the fluro replacement, it's 21w to replace 36, for 6-7$ a piece, but i am not sure if they will do the job and veg well so i am still using my shop lights

I think I might need 2 or 3 of these for proper coverage in flower. Altho almost any investment in growing is well worth it imo.

Stonegroove, I use 4x Mars II 400's in each of my 4.5' x 4.5' tents (8 fixtures total) in my "Dr's Office" perpetual journal. Worth stopping in, as there was a picture update recently. I'm 100% LED for flowering :D

update: bud growth ok, virfus still hitting, veg chamber is a jungle where i have one hell of a trim job

Nice looking grow zem!!! Very nice. Thanks for showing us!

Looking Sweet Zem!!

thanks Rose and mrcane!
i just checked the room, the virus is too far in to battle and it does not affect buds directly but it sure does affect yield i would say 20% I chose to live with it one last grow and now that i know what it is, i must be able to eliminate it in between grows. Right now the imminent job is to trim that vegging jungle or else the plants will begin to stretch more than i want, they are growing explosively in there :D I have to do that job ASAP but i only did it recently...

update day 50: all is okay, i fired the dehumidifier to prevent any bud mold, i don't need anything to cut down on my yield further, that virus affects only the leaves directly which indirectly affects bud growth, but not bud density or quality which is unaffected. decrease in bud size is about 20% max in my eyes, which is huge, but i will live with it hopefully one last time now that i know my enemy

View attachment 20150821_205614.jpg

View attachment 20150821_205623.jpg

hey zem are you going to let them get any bigger next time.

hey zem are you going to let them get any bigger next time.

i placed the screen at the level that i wanted them, you cannot see the entire thickness of the canopy it is about a foot, i don't think i would want it thicker with a 400w, in fact, i think that i still do not trim enough the lower parts of the plants and still have a few popcorn buds here and there. had that virus been identified earlier, i could have treated it and ended up with bigger buds, it is a decent grow nevertheless, it still has 15-20 days to go

Latest posts

Back