Having good drainage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Hello all i am currently growing an auto strain and am growing in Fox Farms ocean forest soil mixed with a little perlite. I have noticed a few pots that seem to have poor drainage. My plants are now fully grown and was wondering how i can get good drainage again. Can i just put a little perlite on top of the soil? Anyone have any ideas?
thanks

Hello Ravenspyz7 :)

Sounds like your soil has compacted.

You could drill holes just above the base of the pot/container to aid drainage.

:peace:

2 2 Drill.JPG

Grab some terra cotta pots and break them. Then place em in the bottom of the pot near the drain holes. I add perlite and vermiculite.

ravenspyz7 said:
Hello all i am currently growing an auto strain and am growing in Fox Farms ocean forest soil mixed with a little perlite. I have noticed a few pots that seem to have poor drainage. My plants are now fully grown and was wondering how i can get good drainage again. Can i just put a little perlite on top of the soil? Anyone have any ideas?
thanks

Hello Ravenspyz7-

Difficult problem to have with mature plants, to be sure. If transplanting is not an option, IMHO the only alternative is as Hippy suggested- drill the holes straight through the pot if you can.

I'm surprised that this happened with an FF product. Adding perlite to the surface will do nothing to help you in this situation- it'll just make for a mess every time you water as it will simply float on top of the water and out of the pot.

Good luck and Happy Growing! :cool:

Latest posts

Back