having trouble !!! advice needed plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WeedHopper said:
So your water is PHed at 5.0,,what do you think the soil is buffering it to then when you feed the plant?

i think it would go very high ?? specially its a fish water with lots andlots of ammonia in it

I think it is a lack of Nitrogen from being locked out by your use of water ph'd to 5. I don't grow outdoors so maybe I am wrong.

Hamster Lewis said:
If you are growing in soil the ph of everything, water and nutrients needs to fall in the range of 6.3-6.8. If you are growing in natural soil and using stuff like manure you need to make sure you have a healthy Micro hurd to break down those nutrients and feed your plant. If you are watering with water ph'd to 5 then that and the compacted soil is probably the source of a lot of your problems. You have locked out the nutrients to your plants. jmo.

:yeahthat:

Hamster Lewis said:
If you are growing in soil the ph of everything, water and nutrients needs to fall in the range of 6.3-6.8. If you are growing in natural soil and using stuff like manure you need to make sure you have a healthy Micro hurd to break down those nutrients and feed your plant. If you are watering with water ph'd to 5 then that and the compacted soil is probably the source of a lot of your problems. You have locked out the nutrients to your plants. jmo.

mmm then i will add some humic acid it will unlock the nutes

Hamster Lewis said:
I think it is a lack of Nitrogen from being locked out by your use of water ph'd to 5. I don't grow outdoors so maybe I am wrong.

Thats what I thought. I have seen it before in Plants in my Garden. Got a soil test kit and found my Nitrogen way low.
Dont have that problem any more cause I grow Organic and amend my own soil.

Hamster Lewis said:

i will add some N to it 2omoro to see how it goes

LOL,,yeah I have seen seedlings flipped to 12/12 that looked like that. We had some Peeps here grow outta Med Bottles. Was funny,,but very cool.

BudGrower said:
i will add some N to it 2omoro to see how it goes

Just adding N will not help if you are locked out the plant will not uptake the N. If you are feeding it organically you need to make sure you have a good micro hurd in that soil. If you are using Chemical nutrients you need to make sure everything you give the plant, nutrients and water is ph'd properly. 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5 and use sweet lime in my soil to buffer everything.

Hamster Lewis said:
Just adding N will not help if you are locked out the plant will not uptake the N. If you are feeding it organically you need to make sure you have a good micro hurd in that soil. If you are using Chemical nutrients you need to make sure everything you give the plant, nutrients and water is ph'd properly. 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5 and use sweet lime in my soil to buffer everything.

how to have a good micro hurd ?? sweet lime ??

Yep,,,your PH is everything Bro. Without a proper PH balanced soil,,NPK wont uptake properly.

WeedHopper said:
LOL,,yeah I have seen seedlings flipped to 12/12 that looked like that. We had some Peeps here grow outta Med Bottles. Was funny,,but very cool.

i would call my midget plant funny 2 hhhhhh :hubba:

WeedHopper said:
Yep,,,your PH is everything Bro. Without a proper PH balanced soil,,NPK wont matter uptake.

how to know the ph ??

What soil is your Peppers growing in?

WeedHopper said:
What soil is your Peppers growing in?

same but b4 planting i did many things and added many stuff to it ( cant translate it due to different language :p ) anyway so it has no problems at all

BudGrower said:
how to have a good micro hurd ?? sweet lime ??

No sweet lime just helps stabilize ph and I believe it brings some magnesium as well as calcium to the table as well.

Found this online...maybe it will help you understand.

Growing Cannabis With Mycorrhizae

Mycorrhizae are soil organisms that have a close, symbiotic relationship with the plant’s rhizosphere. The word “mycorrhizae” actually stems from the latin words mycor (fungus) and rhiza (root). The mycorrhizae and roots form a sort of tissue that enlarges the surface absorption area of the roots by 100 to 1000 times. Mycorrhizae create thousands of tiny filaments or threads that act like an extension of the root system. This not only increases the plant’s ability to uptake water but also the ability to uptake vital nutrients.
Medical marijuana plants with supplemented mycorrhizae will never be “held up” by the inability to uptake nutrients. This is very important for indoor horticulturalists that spend vast sums of money on high powered lighting and CO2 enrichment designed to maximize photosynthesis. Mycorrhizae also increase resistance to environmental stresses like drought or cold and reduce shock associated with transplanting. Supplemented mycorrhizae will increase a plant’s efficiency and may even require a reduction in fertilizer concentrations.

Link to the actual article>>>http://bigbudsmag.com/grow/how/article/mycorrhiza-ultimate-beneficial-microbe-growing-medical-marijuana-may-2012

BudGrower said:
how to know the ph ??

A PH pen for Nute solution,,or water. Soil test kit for soil. I use soil test kits to see how my NPK is and PH sometimes. Also I check what kind of soil I have by using a method I found online. For type of soil,,I took a Mason jar fill about 1/2 way up with soil,,and water and shake. set it down and check in 24 hrs. you will see the different layers of Silt ,sand ,clay,and etc. Cant remember exactly right now,,but you can look it up on the net. Anyway it lets you know if ya have to much Clay or Sand,,and gives ya an idea of how good your drainage will be,,which is very important.

Latest posts

Back