Hello to all!!!! Also some ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crizzo357

Flying high
Reaction score
Hello everyone affiliated with MP. Just joined and amazed at all of the knowledge i already have just by reading!!! I am deffinately a newbie!!! Im in the process of building a grow room 3x3x8. all framed in 1/2 ply 3 coats of flat white paint caulked all seams. in the process of making a DWC. 2 strong boxes with 3 6" net cups in each with hydorton 2 whisper 30-60 air pumps 4 6" air stones. with that all said i have no idea what i should do for light in what i should buy.....i need some advice on that....i want to buy 1 light that will do everything. also what recommendations for ph testing, also nutes should i buy or use or a chart on how to go about it......this is my first build/first grow. now seeds, i have some here no strains that i know of,(would you recommend buying some overseas and shipped here or what do you do i am lost when it comes to that) after they crack and sprout they go in hydroton and what next??? lol i need some help any and all help would be great. this is all for personal medical use, i am a disabled vet! thanks once again and i hope to make a few good friends that will help me out. Thanks guys!!!

Welcome crizzo.

I'll try to answer a couple of your questions, but if you post your specific question in threads that deal with your specific questions, you will get more/better answers :D

A 400W light will cover your grow space. If you buy a digital ballast, you can run both metal halide bulbs (good for vegging) and high pressure sodium bulbs (good for flowering). An air cooled reflector or a cool tube will make it tons easier to keep your temps within range.

You mentioned "strong boxes". If these are metal, you do not want to use them for hydro--everything should be plastic.

General Hydroponics 3-part Flora series are good nutes to use. Not too expensive, but a real tried and true product.

You will need a pH meter, pH up or down, pH calibration solution. In hydro, your pH is very important. Test strips are not accurate enough (also GH nutrients, like many others are colored, and and you cannot get a good reading with strips) An EC meter is a good idea--to check the strength of your nutrient solution.

You are going to need ventilation in there. You want to try and exchange the air 3-4 times a minute to keep your girls supplied with a good supply of CO2. Plus, you are going to have heat to deal with.

I have used the following seed banks with good results: Attitude Seeds, Marijuana-seeds.nl, and Mandala Seeds.

Have you gone through the Resource Section?

THG is dead on, you wouldnt need more than a 400 to achieve optimal lighting.

pretty much everything she said is what you should listen to, def use plastice parts in association with dwc, metal will spell rust and leaks.

ive also had phenomenal succuss with the attitude seedbank as well, just do the stealth shipment.

keep reading, you sound like me when i started, do your homework and success can be easily achieved on your very first grow!

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place

also, a 400 lumatek can be aquired for about 150.00 shipped, if you know where to look, i used ebay.

Hortilux HPS bulb for flowering isnt a must, but this is where you DONT want to skimp. again, about 60.00 shipped if you know where to look, i used ebay.

as for the mh bulb your going to need for veg, i wouldnt recommend spending the extra money for a hortilux mh bulb, i would go with a 30.00 plantastar bulb, as the difference you will see in veg is negligible, so yeah, cheap mh bulb for veg, make sure its compatible with a lumatek ballast. Mine is sooooo quiet, you dont hear it.

So, for about 240.00, youve got the lighting taken care of. thats usually the expensive part!

look into ventilation, your going to want an intake and exhaust fan, people say to make sure the cfm rating on one fan should be close the the other, but you want negative pressure in your grow room, keeps the smell in. i use two fans with the same cfm rating, and two 40.00 fan controllers to regulate the intake and exhaust to keep negative pressure. Maybe im confusing you but let me know if i can help ANY way possible, you seem like the type to invest some time helping, as your future insight will be beneficial to the cause.

Disabled vet myself, kind of, lost hearing in my right ear, stray bullet, long story.

Good luck man, looking forward to your first grow. your in good hands brother.

Latest posts

Back