Help! My baby is a dude!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy-B

Reaction score
:holysheep: I just found out after 127 days of vegging and 7 days of flowering my Baby is a dude. I also have a female in their but she has only been vegging for 45 days and I needed her to flower also so I changed the light cycle to 12/12 for her as well. She has started showing female signs for sure ( long white hairs). Is it too late to put her back to veg stage. at 16/8 with 14/10 first? So as not too stress her so bad. Quick! Remember she has only been in 12/12 for 7 days.

Why wouldn't you just pull the male and leave the female at 12/12. She is sexually mature, and it would be foolish to risk shock to her. just MHO.....

im pretty sure since she just showed her pistles , you can put her back to the other light cycle , and let her vegg a little longer , im pretty sure of this , but let the other indoor growers answer for sure , and i would kill the male quick be for you end up with seeds....

Reveggin is not that bad. Seen people do it clean till harvest.
If you want to make it a mother plant you do have two options (BTW 127 days veg for the male good gawd....should have shown you pre-flowers way before switching it to 12/12).
options:
1. take a couple of cuttings and try to root those (take longer than veg....but can be done) then just make one of the cuttings the mother.
2. reveg the whole plant (takes about a month with veg nutes)

You don't need to gradually change the photo period. just slap em on 18/6 or 24/0 up to you. still going to be the same shock. IMHO

Can you popst a pic up of that plant before rippin it down. would love to see the size of him.

:cry: :fid: It's not his size it's how many tops he has on him. And what strain he comes from. He's a Top Strain just not sur which. He had 24 hours of light the first 90 days so he's short but bushy as hell. I topped him every chance I got till a couple weeks before flowering. I'll have to show the pic tommorrow. They're in their dark cycle now. :fid: :cry:

KILL the male.Unless you like the strain and the collect some pollen and make yourself some seeds.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

I can't decide what to do! I am seriously thinking about just leaving him in their for more of his seeds, I do know the male is from a good strain he only has 5 blades per leaf where the stretched female has 9 per leaf.? Doesn't that tell you it's a better plant? I also remember the seeds were few because the bag was either mid-grade or some Kind bud from my boy. I'm pretty sure the female was from a not so good bag of bud but not horrible just not up to my standards. Mid or higher! Or should I just kill my male he is very, very smelly and sticky and the tops I smoked got me a good high? HELP! ANYBODY! PLEASE!

Richy-B said:
I can't decide what to do! I am seriously thinking about just leaving him in their for more of his seeds, I do know the male is from a good strain he only has 5 blades per leaf where the stretched female has 9 per leaf.? Doesn't that tell you it's a better plant? I also remember the seeds were few because the bag was either mid-grade or some Kind bud from my boy. I'm pretty sure the female was from a not so good bag of bud but not horrible just not up to my standards. Mid or higher! Or should I just kill my male he is very, very smelly and sticky and the tops I smoked got me a good high? HELP! ANYBODY! PLEASE!

ok...if u want ur female to get pollenated, leave ur male in there. otherwise ur gonna be back in a week complaining about your current female growing sacks too.

If you let those two plants freely pollinate each other, you are going to have THOUSANDS of seeds. Just pollinate a few branches... or a cola and you will get a more conservative amount of a few hundred.

Richy-B said:
I do know the male is from a good strain he only has 5 blades per leaf where the stretched female has 9 per leaf.? Doesn't that tell you it's a better plant?

I also remember the seeds were few because the bag was either mid-grade or some Kind bud from my boy.!

Number of leaves really doesnt tell you if its any good.
And boys dont make buds.

Males do grow buds dude, just seedy ones.
For seeds,
I don't want to pollinate, not all together. Your saying just a few branches and find someplace else to grow him. Or just pollinate some of the branches then kill him. If I do that, won't I only get the cross bred seeds and no seeds straight from the male which would be the pure strain. Which is better than the females strain.
Will my yield really be horrible thc amounts or just seedy?
Would I be better off just killing the male or growing him somewhere else and just veg my female a little longer and flower only her. That way I would end up having better smoke. Then just take it as a learning lesson and always have mor growing at once to improve my chances of getting more females! HELP AGAIN!
Male plant on left female on right. The female vegged for 127 days. First 90 days with 24/0 light and topped it everychance I got. Probably why I'm having late sex sightings in him. The female is only 45 days old but she's sexxed already? She didn't have 24/0 light that long.

Male on left Female on right 001.jpg

Male on left Female on right 003.jpg

Male on left Female on right 004.jpg

Male on left Female on right 005.jpg

Ok I just got to say this as I see it in many posts. If you want to grow atleast do a little biology work. Males produce pollen in plants, and sperm in animals. Females are the only gender that can produce offspring. Meaning seeds, and eggs in animals which grow in to embryos. Now if it is Asexual then it can pollenate itself and produce seed, but that is a hermi. Hermis are NOT what you want. MALES PRODUCE NO SEED!!!

Richy-B said:

I'm sorry man, but you seem to be very confused on how this works.

Males don't produce any buds. Never have, never will.

Only the females produce buds.

The males produce pollen. That's it. Just pollen and a bunch of leafs.

If you're growing your females for nothing but seeds, leave the male in with them. The pot from the female won't be worth a fiddlers damn, but you will get THOUSANDS of seeds from your cross.

If you want bud to smoke from your female, get that male out of your grow room.

Richy-B said:
For seeds,
I don't want to pollinate, not all together. Your saying just a few branches and find someplace else to grow him. Or just pollinate some of the branches then kill him. If I do that, won't I only get the cross bred seeds and no seeds straight from the male which would be the pure strain. Which is better than the females strain.
Will my yield really be horrible thc amounts or just seedy?
Would I be better off just killing the male or growing him somewhere else and just veg my female a little longer and flower only her. That way I would end up having better smoke. Then just take it as a learning lesson and always have mor growing at once to improve my chances of getting more females! HELP AGAIN!
Male plant on left female on right. The female vegged for 127 days. First 90 days with 24/0 light and topped it everychance I got. Probably why I'm having late sex sightings in him. The female is only 45 days old but she's sexxed already? She didn't have 24/0 light that long.

plants look good but i think you got this male female thing mixed up a bit.... could be wrong tho and wouldn't be the first time :eek:

I would love to see pics of males with buds, and seeded bud at that:shocked: if you have any to show that is

it would be cool to see you do a GJ on how this is done and share with all

would a male seed crossed like that be a F2 the first time around? or since it is a pure strain is it a F4 gene from the get go?

Thanks for the help stoney Bud and everybody else. This is my first grow. Some info I got about males must be wrong. Shows you can't always believe what some people tell you. One of my closest friends whom I've only seen her plants once told me this info. Thought I was listening to a pro, turns out her boyfriend corrected her and told her they never grow males, but she thought she'd change the story around and say they bud. If people don't know they shouldn't give their two cents.

do yourself a favor..

get rid of the male.

I know you have some sentimental feelings for it.
Such as I have, with mine.

He has to go, and take it for the team.

goodluck

Thank you. You really understand what I'm going through then! Very sentimental. But I pulled him. He won't do me any good.
One more question. Is it to late to put her back in veg if she has those white/clear long hairs? Is that just showing me her sex or buds starting?
Thinking about vegging it longer at 18/6. I've already move it back to 14/10.

Richy-B said:
Thank you. You really understand what I'm going through then! Very sentimental. But I pulled him. He won't do me any good.
One more question. Is it to late to put her back in veg if she has those white/clear long hairs? Is that just showing me her sex or buds starting?

From what I understand.. MJ can almost triple their size during flower.
So dont assume, that if you keep them in flower they wont get bigger.
Because they will.

If your plants already started to FLower, i would keep them flowering.
If you reveg them, you can shock them into being Hermies and or
stun their growth and set them back several weeks..

Goodluck

Richy-B said:

Hey Richy, you need to make a plan for this crop and stick to it, man. If you want to return to vegging, and the plant hasn't really started flowering, then it may not delay the plants growth at all.

The white hairs you're speaking of are called "Pistils". They are absolute identifiers of a female plant, but are NOT flowers. If there is some way for you to post pics of your plants, it would really, really, really, really help us help you.

If you return to vegging *after* the plant has altered it's growth to the flowering cycle, it will delay it's growth severely for as much as a month.

DON'T do this unless you're willing for your plant to just SIT there doing nothing for as much as that amount of time.

This is exactly why I suggest to people NOT to grow a plant until you learn HOW to grow. Learning while DOING is not an effective method of growing pot.

Do a web search for "Marijuana female flowers" using Google "Images", and take a real good look at the pictures.

Decide if you have ANY flowers on your plants. If you do, I would suggest for you to just continue flowering on a 12/12 light schedule and finish this crop.

Please post what you're going to do.

1. Continue flowering

2. Revert to vegging

That's the only two choices there are, man.

:cool: Im sticking with Re-Vegging my Lady. Just signs of sex not flowers showing.
And there isn't a way that I know of to just "Know how to grow a plant" without trial and error. That's how I learn. But your info is very helpful and valuable to me StoneyBud!:) So please don't take that the wrong way. I'm just saying "there's bound to be questions during growth" Even when I think I know it all, someone like you helps me out and I'm reminded that I don't know everything. That's one reason for the site.:) Pics on next page.

Latest posts

Back