Help regarding photoperiod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushmasterJ

Dont panic, its organic
Reaction score
The eco-plus programmable timer i have has a stupid design flaw, a really loosely sliding switch on the side that makes the timer stay on...anyway i was cleaning my room last night and i guess i must have accidentally moved this switch. I'm in day 18 of flower with my lights on from 5 pm to 5 am, this morning i woke up at 7 am and the lights were still on 2 hours after they should have gone off. Obviously i turned them off right away.

So now im trying to figure out the best course of action.
1)let the plants get only 10 hours of darkness today after recieving 14 hours of light and allow the photoperiod to resume back to what it was.

2)Leave the lights off for 12 hours and change my photoperiod from 7pm to 7am

Im scared to give them only 10 hours of darkness but im also afraid that shifting the photoperiod 2 hours over would only stress them out even more than letting them have one 10 hour night :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Get a new timer or tape the switch for it doesn't slide on. I would try to stay on the 12 hours of darkness if you can. If not able to do that I would think that just one time of this happening shouldn't stress them out to much

Hey Kush- don't panic.
That has happened to me to- power outage screwup I didn't catch- I just kept the normal schedule- no shemales as a result. IMO you'll be ok.
Good luck- and put a piece of tape or something on that thing!

Our plants can often handle more then we give them credit for.If it doesnt happen on a regular basis I think you will be ok.Keep to your original schedual as stated above.

Thanks ALOT for the quick responses guys, i figured that this one time wouldn't be too big of a deal, they are very hardy plants and i have faith in them.
I will definitely be taping that **** today too:bongin:

No worries at all KushmasterJ your girls will be fine.:)

It's just as BBFan and Berttiboo says,stick to the original timing and no harm done.

I've had to pack up plants several times mid grow because of engineers visiting my home for repairs,the light cycles totally harsh,24-30 hours of darkness several times and not one hermied I swear!

Rockster said:
I've had to pack up plants several times mid grow because of engineers visiting my home for repairs,the light cycles totally harsh,24-30 hours of darkness several times and not one hermied I swear!

good god man 24-30 hours? thank you for the reassurance

More darkness than 12 hours is not a problem as more than 12 hours of light is when in flower.

There ya go,I wasnt kidding!

Thats just a few of them,multi strain grow and none suffered.

P1013874-2.JPG

Makes me sick seeing graphic gore like that.Damn those engineers.

Latest posts

Back