Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgrowth

Reaction score
It's my first post and I'm needing help already. My plants are 4 weeks old,I started them from some bag seed I had, I'm trying to get all the kinks out of the system b4 I try some good seed. I'm using a flood and drain system with 3 inch net pots in a very fine gravel. They were started with grolux flos and since have switched to 2 600 watt verilux hps in aircooled reflectors.Ventilation is good on plants. I'm using miracle grow 18-18-21 in a 15 gallon resevoir with dual airstones.The ph is 6.8 and i'm waiting for my ppm meter to get here, but the solution was mixed half strength.I did read the FAQ and I think my lights were too close, let me know what you think or what I should do, the quality of the pics are not the best, I had to lower the rez to get them to upload, thanks

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Right off hand it looks like heat stress because the leaves are dead around the edges. Also i would try and get a better fert. Something like Fox Farms. ;)

I'd agree with that, but the new growth seems fine so whatever you did it must have worked :)

Can you use MG in a hydro system?

I'm going to switch to a different solution, I went with MG because its suggested in the grow guide on this board. Oh well... I'll run clean water through the system to flush out any residue, Any suggestions on what to use for a solution? there are so many its hard to pick... thanks

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Right off hand it looks like heat stress because the leaves are dead around the edges. Also i would try and get a better fert. Something like Fox Farms. ;)
Like the good Brother said,Use Fox Farm.You can NEVER go wrong there.I love it and my ladied love it.good luck on your grow.

Everybody uses somthin diff. But I use General Hydroponics Floranova grow and bloom.
Its just a one part hydro solution, just add water. Very easy and works great for my plants.

I picked up some Fox Farm grow big this morning, I have my lights backed off a ways now also, My ph is at 6.2 maybe that should come down some, the PPM is 765. Room temp is good, oscilating fan is working the plants. CO2 will be up and running by this weekend. I will probably have to trim off some damaged leaves, but all the new growth looks good.

Latest posts

Back