help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reapor

Reaction score
i broke the top 3rd of my plant off on accident--what should i do?:??? its about 15- 20 inch the wwhole plant i mean.

how clean is broken??? i'd shave down the broken part at the bottom with a knife like a clone i guess....Shave to a smoot angle, apply rooting hormone and hope for the best...as for the other part hopefully it'll act as if it was just topped...If you could post a pic it would be much more helpful...Good Luck though

i have no rooting gel or ne way of getting it. n e thing else?h

i've read that you can cut it on a 45 degree angle just below the last node on the bottom and put it in water. change the water every day. i've heard of ppl clonin this way without rootin hormone. but you need to do it asap. good luck

how old is the plant?

i put it in a small cup of water. already but did not cut the 45 degree angle.. should i w8 until morning to cut the angle becuzz its dak outside and i dont want to show lite. but good lookin out. so do i eep changing the water until rooots appear or ?

o and the plant is about 2-3 m0nths old

ya. keep it changed untill you see roots. maybe hick will pop in i think he clones without rootin hormone, or you can use the search to find threads about clonin in water. good luck

imo i would just put it staright into soil and hope for the best
waiting for roots in water just doesnt happen for me :doh:
and your main lady should be just fine :peace:

melissa said:
imo i would just put it staright into soil and hope for the best
waiting for roots in water just doesnt happen for me :doh:
and your main lady should be just fine :peace:

Ha Ha Ha

This is not a method that I would not recomend either:doh:

Although store bought rooting compound doesn't seem to be overly expensive, most folks don't know that it can be toxic due to the fungicide included to protect plant cuttings from disease.

Just as in humans, hormones stimulate various functions in plant growth. The first hormone discovered to cause root growth is called auxin, and the synthetic version of auxin is what we find in commercially sold compounds today.

The willow plant is a natural source of auxin. Therefore, it can be very easy to make up a fresh batch of homemade rooting compound whenever you need to plant some new cuttings.

Gather a handful of willow branch tips

Chop or mash into smaller pieces

Fill small container with pieces

Fill container with water & allow to sit overnight

Remove willow pieces

Dip cutting into the water, covering the stem

Put cutting into your potting mix (or moist sand)

Cover with a plastic bag to retain moisture

After roots form, re-pot
Also, don't get rid of the willow water when you're done with your cuttings. Save it to water your plants!

If you don't have access to willow, dissolve a few aspirins in a jar of water. Aspirin is made from willow bark, so it can have the same effect as the willow water.

Could have done with them there Aspirin earlier.........................

Latest posts

Back