high voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish rasta

hashish#1
Reaction score
is it dangerous to run every thing i have like the fan humidifier lights and extracter on the same outlet?

Well it all depends man. I would recommend that you pick up a nice quality surge protector / multi-tap. All that **** adds up and it will take it's toll if you don't respect it.

any idea how i would work it out.i live in the us 110volts running through the outlet and i dont know much about electrics so any info wud be helpful

just get a good surge protecter (20$) and plug evrything into it! have you ever tripped the breaker?

US jacks got 15Amps if you didn't pup a breaker yet you good but your best bet is to go to HomeDepot or walmart and pick-up surge protector like this one for example

029892046255_3.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...ID=ccefaddjmdfjkfhcgelceffdfgidgln.0&MID=9876

On a fifteen amp breaker they say not to use more than 900 amps to keep it safe and a surge protector to protect .

yep surge protector is a must!

we had a old air conditioner once that would trip the breaker about twice a day, then you would have to go down to the basement and flip the breaker back on, we plugged it into the surge protector and then it would trip it instead of the breaker saving us froom having to go to the basement to flip the breaker.

point is they help add protection if the breaker would ever fail.

on the back of the ballast you will see how many amps your ballast will take from hydro, a 600 watt is 6 amps, hope this helps you.

I found out thanks, wattage/volts=amps. My ballast didn't state that info. Bought it used.

please allow me to sneak a question in this tread, the only outlet i have in the attic is the one from a/c unit, if i plug a surge protector /code http://www.powersentry.com/products/100373.php /code in the outlet that the a/c is on, will it be too much power for the outlet to handle if a/c, 400watt hps/mh conversion and two 8'' 500cfm 120vac 60hz .75amp duct fan running at the same time? the a/c is not gonna be plugged into the surge protector. please help me out thanks!

Latest posts

Back