Himalayan Blue Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki8950

Green is the new black
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im starting my first non-soil grow. Im going to use all the help I can get with this one I think haha. Im using something just like the Aerogardens that im sure everybody has seen, this is called a prepara grow and store and it runs on the same principle. I dont even know if it will work but i said what the hell and gave it a shot. I think it has around a 1 gallon resevoir. My camera is a mess right now so I will get pictures later on.
I have two Himalayan blue diesel about a week old and two bag seeds that are a little older. Im already running into an issue with the two unkown strains, They have little yellow spots and really droopy leaves. Im thinking my PH might be off or some nutrient burn. Im going to get a PPM meter and a PH tester real soon. I used Tap water and heres my nutes i used so far.

Ultra Micro 5-0-1: 1/4 tsp
Ultra Grow 2-1-6: 1/4 tsp
Superthrive: less than 1/4 tsp

Right now im using a 125 watt Cool white CFL with reflector. I know I cant really diagnose my problems without knowing my PH or PPM but if you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. The pictures will be up soon. Thanks. :)

2 sick bagseeds Nute burn ?
showphoto.php

good luck with the grow, i dunno anything about hydro unfortunately so i wont be much help. im gonna sit in on this one and watch! i got a few HBD going myself.

GREEN MOJO for you and your grow my friend!

Yea I Knew i was calling them the wrong name. O well. Thanks Wally. Yea im going to leave the light off for a few hours tonight and see how the babies react.

ah! now i see dope-seeds calls it HBD as well.........i swear i saw it BHD before......now im confused....

Just ordered the PH meter and TDS meter. hopefully when i get the results i will know where im going wrong.

Thanks Art. Yea the Himalayan Blue Diesel looks like the growth is being stunted and the other two unkowns are almost dead. I might try what you said and just you water for the first few weeks on my next batch.

So I did what you said ART and just flushed with Rain water and I have been giving them just rain water for about a week. After a few days the HBD perked right back up and the leaves started raising to the light. The other two unkown strains ended up dying. I just got my PH and PPM meters and I found out the water in the resevoir was 7.1 PH and 144 PPM with no nutes. I just took some more rain water and it was 6.5 PH and 15 PPM. So tomorrow I think im going to try and add some nutes again half recommended strength and see what happens. Pics to come..

Alright so a weak has passed and I flushed with RO water because im a newbie at this type of grown and gave them nute burn. The bottom leaves have gotten some serious yellow spots/burns on them and they are drooping but there is rapid new growth in the middle. Im not burning them with my 125 watt CFL. Could this be a sign of not enough nutes ? Im still just using RO water. The leaves are also very dark where the burn spots are. Anywho heres two pics. Let me know your ideas.

1.jpg

2.jpg

My guess is they'll both be fine. Carry on with the water another week :hubba: Again, I know nothing about hydo :)

Ok Thanks. Yea I think I might just do that.

Sorry to say the babies have died... I will try again in a few weeks using different methods.. You live and you learn.

Man am sorry I didnt your posts :eek: All i have ever done is hydro and its not hard at all. Just need to know what you are doing and be prepaired for some of the unkowns. Hydro can change SO fast and not know what is happening and before you know it, its to late :) Dont be discouraged :) If you need any help just send me a message

Latest posts

Back