Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning peeps. off to the trainer... nooooooooooooo it is cold and i am lazy. Smoke some more sativa and get my buttocks to work out. Hope ya'll are good.

Hey Umbra !-- What we burning ? --
I was looking around the site cause I need to get out the O.F.C. more !-- I got an interest in CO 2 -- I was telling them about brewing in my grow room for extra CO2 -- I am aware that brewing and growing open to room air won't raise my CO2 levels much if at all !-- but-- Help my grow ? - It will U just got to look at it in a different way !-- One day they gonna let me move some weed !-- U might need to sample my Apple Jack before we talk price ? -- I get my price maybe I throw in a couple bottles or a case ? -- Now let's talk about whether that CO2 helped the grow ?

Rose U got my respect for having the motivation to work out !-- I'm getting older and it would help me to move more !-- They body is getting to the point it breaks easily ! -- I know it as men age testosterone levels drop which drops your motivation and energy levels !-- I been thinking about doing some research to find something that will increase my testosterone levels but I ain't going to the doctor! -- I don't trust them !-- They turned me into a legal junkie !-- Blind faith in anything including a doctor can get U killed !-- Any body got any recommendations ? -- I would feel better if I moved more but I don't want no caffeine pills or speed !--

Come on Keef, it's not about how much test you have in your system, it's about how much is not bound by the sex binding hormone globulin (sbhg) or free test has it is sometimes called. Exercise is a perfect way to do that.
A very small amount of testosterone actually exists in a free state, where the interaction with cellular receptors is possible. Since the levels of SBHG are variable, it can be manipulated.

I think health is pretty much related to what you put into your body. Of course your environment is also a factor and physical abuse as well. But the old saying garbage in - garbage out... Just like our beloved plant the bod needs certain nutrients. Given what it wants, the immune system will protect. I believe that big pharma sells stuff that hurts the immune system more than helps. Then pile on more stuff that interacts and the problems compound. They always wanna sell you something to hide or surpress the symtoms rather than treat the cause.
So my recommendation is eat lots of raw veggies, I like to juice mine and drink them, get lots of sleep, don’t smoke, get exercise, do public service, in general keep a positive attitude.... can’t hurt anyway

I tested out of Anatomy and Physiology one Saturday morning then Microbiology that afternoon !-- I got a pretty good grasp of how the body works !-- When the free test Umbra was talking about starts dropping U lose motivation-- That's what I need !-- I was just looking for something to raise that which would motivate me to do more so I would feel better in turn I would eat better !-- I guess there are always them pills for people who got low Thyroid -- Them will motivate U or those pills for ADD -- Make U look for something to do !-- I was just looking for maybe an herb that would boost test just a little ! -- I don't need to be bouncing off the walls !

Only good thing about trimming is scissor hash !-- Have I ever mentioned that I truely despise trimming ?--I don't do a good job either !-- I do like me some scissor hash !-- Time out !-- Toke time !

I agree 2 RE. I just didn't want to be a victim like so many folks i saw when I was working. Rest, food, exercise and yes, what you said, helping other people out that need it.Oh and lots of cannabis, it helps exercise. My trainer has never seen me straight. oh dear. I think staying away from doctors and prescriptions is good too, if ya can.

Keef, if i didn't work out i would be in bed. not an option for this girl. When i had to be bud, when he broke his leg last summer, we would have been in so much trouble if I hadn't been getting strong.

Yes eating right and exercise would do wonders for me !-- Developing healthy habits need to be done regularly !-- Some days I could some days I couldn't !-- Hard to develop healthy habits like that !-- I talk a lot of trash about eating bad stuff and I do eat bad sometimes in moderation but I try to give my body what it needs !---- I would give my diet a "B" minus !-- My activity level would be a low "D" -- I move more I'll feed the body more and better --It's the getting to that point with a shattered face held together by 3 or 4 metal plates and a fist full of screws -- Plus the 3 bulged disc in my neck that make my left arm useless sometimes it is hard to do anything consistently !-- I go to the doctor they'll take an x-ray of my face and start writing scripts for anything I want and I know all the good stuff so I don't needs to be in that situation !-- I get weak some times !-- I can and will take narcotics for a short term acute pain but after a week I gotta quit !-- Morphine almost kilt ole Keef -- Sometimes I do miss being able to the things I could do on that stuff ! -- The price is just too high !-- Doc said I'm lucky to be able to walk and talk at the same time -- He said I should and very well could have been paralyzed by that fall so I should probably quit belly aching about not getting around as well as I would like !--

Twice a year for almost a decade Doctor Bubba want to spring a surprise drug screen on me to make sure I ain't taking nothing he didn't give me !-- Beating a regular urine drug screen is easy !-- Beating one that supposed to only show morphine and nothing else is harder but it can be done !-- I did it over and over again and smoke a joint on the way to the drug screen !-- Never did stop smoking !

Bulged discs don't stay bulged. People say that but it just isn't true for most folks. I have started to call my left arm betty.

Degenerative disc disease like lots get as we age -- It can only get so much better and we ain't cutting on ole Keef no more !-- If bulged disc don't stay bulged why did we have to do so many operations to remove disc that were compressing a nerve root ?-- Young and healthy a disc may repair itself some ! -- I'm sorry but I have to disagree with U on this one Rose !--

I think a disc compressing a nerve root causing back pain was one of the main reasons we did back surgeries !

While you are right Keef, many of those can be prevented with proper exercise and loosing weight across the abdomen, the core girdle if you like, will strengthen the lower back and the core muscles.

Absolutely true Umbra !-- That disc got no place to go except to press out thru the opening where the nerve root comes thru the vertebra !-- We would have to go in and carefully grind away bone making the opening bigger so the nerve root wasn't compressed as much !-- In my opinion once U cut on a back it ain't ever gonna be right !-- Maybe they better now ?

Got my trimming done and actually got a little cleaning done too !-- Might still get that box emptied and refilled with nute water tonight !-- Got babies coming to bloom tommorrow !--
Ain't no surprise this body give me some pain !-- I beat da hell out of it when I was younger !-- Started smoking cigarettes regularly when I went into the army when I was 18 -- smoked for ? -- How old am I again ? -- Until almost a decade now I been getting my nicotine from an e-cig ! -- Never had a smokers cough until I switched to an e-cig !-- Took me awhile to realize it was the PG base once I switched to VG I haven't had a problem -- Most don't have a problem with either !-- In the army we would run 4 miles then stop for a smoke break before running back ! -- Smoke'm if U got'm !-- Lung surgeon used to always have to ask does anyone smoke and of course the rat finks would tell on me !-- He get to showing me parts of the lungs and stuff -- Get me so upset I'd have to go outside for a smoke break !

Dam nurses will tell on U too !-- At that one place that blabbing Nurse told others if U can't find Keef look in the morgue he take naps down there sometimes !-- It was my own fault I got busted ! -- I was chillin in the morgue and she came in -- I knew it was all sorts of wrong but I could not help myself !-- She almost made a new door in da wall ! -- I coulda just laid there still until she left but I could not !

Of course some disc's need laminectomies and herniated discs can leave you with paresthesia and radiculopathy. what i am saying is that if you had a herniation ten years ago, that disc material is long gone, so no longer herniated.
I agree with you, no back surgery unless you have neuro signs, loss of bowel and bladder.

Perhaps U have seen a bad tire with a bulge in it ? -- That is a hernia !-- A weakness in a wall or barrier that allows a bulge to form !-- A hernia in the abdominal wall would be the most know type hernia -- A herniated disc is much the same --injury has caused a weakness in the wall of the disc and the gel like padding stuff inside pushes out around where the nerve root leaves the spine !-- That puts pressure from the bulge on the nerve that can lead to that paresthesia and pain !-- There is nothing to go away !--

I had surgery for a L4-L5 injury in 2011. I can say only good things about it. However,,,,,, My insurance jerked me around for 6 months and I been living with the resultant toothache in my thigh ever since. They did offer to disable my sciatic though. I (wisely I think) chose to deal with the pain, which is why I'm always looking for a potent medicine that don't knock ya out.. Walking around on a numb leg didn't appeal t me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back