Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love milk. I take a mason jar of juice, and another of milk to work everyday.
When I was a kid, my folks had to limit me to a halkf gallon a day at times.

Wifes cooking me some chocolate chip cookies, and i put the milk in the freezer for a bit....munchies have overtaken me.....besides she makes epic cookies!!

Glad everyone liked the pic's, sure am having a good run here so wanted to share. Thanks.

YD, you made my day, thank you.

Giggy, i am going to go soak some navy beans tonight.. And thaw out the bacon... Thank you.. Yum... i love beans and corn bread. Fried cabbage? what could be wrong with that? Do you fry it a long time? Don't tell me you fry it in bacon grease... Giggy, could you tell me how to cook cabbage? I always just use it in stir fry.. with a bunch of other veggies.

Rose U got to understand vegetables in the south ain't vegatarian! --Cabbage --Only in Cole slaw !-- Bean and cornbread or rice is the question around here !-- I sort thru the beans wash them and start them in the crock pot and I'm done !--D.D. seasons them an hour or so before they done which does require pork !---Beans ain't right without some ham--bacon or at least a smoked ham hock !---

Giggy, i am going to go soak some navy beans tonight.. And thaw out the bacon... Thank you.. Yum... i love beans and corn bread. Fried cabbage? what could be wrong with that? Do you fry it a long time? Don't tell me you fry it in bacon grease... Giggy, could you tell me how to cook cabbage? I always just use it in stir fry.. with a bunch of other veggies.

rose the daughter fixed it, but to answer your question in a word yes. there is some bacon fat as well as the bacon fried crisp almonds sliced and some kind of a garlic butter that comes in a little package. i'll try to get the real recipe from her for you. she does brussel sprouts the same way, and it is the only i'll eat either of them. well cabbage in chinese food.

Cabbage ? --I forgot !--Smoked sausage on a bun smother in grilled onions and bellpeppers then dump in a can of sauerkraut --mustard on the sausage and smother with the veggies !

I was just imagining Umbra counting to 10 on his fingers -6-7-8-9 and a half ?--- That's not funny Keef !--Yes it is other Keef !--I'm torn !

I was just imagining Umbra counting to 10 on his fingers -6-7-8-9 and a half ?--- That's not funny Keef !--Yes it is other Keef !--I'm torn !
Bad Keef! Funny though, but I've been there. I can laugh about it now, but at the time, it was ugly. I split the end of my left thumb off, straight through the thumbnail. Half the nail was attached to the chunk of meat, and it was held on with a thin strip of skin. Drove 30 miles with my hand straight in the air so it would quit squirting. Took five stitches in the meat and one looped through half the nail and stitched to the other.

I'm tellin' ya, anything in my left pocket stayed there for a month. It was one sore sumbitch.

Left little finger for me !---Was adjusting a big piece of steel in a metal lathe when it slipped out flattened the end of the finger to about an 1/8 inch !- swashed it like a bug ! It grew back but the nail grows funny !--I had to pick up that piece of steel to get loose !

Rose, I have a great recipe for a fried cabbage dish
Bacon, a good hot sausage, onion, garlic, cabbage sautéed up..and finished with some balsamic vinegar, sugar, & salt to taste. ....
Puff? ??:48:

Oh Ya! Some Ol Polish sailor showed that to me. ..I love it

I'll burn one with ya, Cane. Got a full bed tonight. Old Hen's snoring like a buzz saw, pup's at the foot of the bed, Blue (cat) is tucked up by her fanny, and Fuzzy Butt (cat) is sleeping on my feet. Add a pipe full of weed and scissor hash and Aqua Teem on the boob tube and I'm a happy hippie!

Same thing here Hippie, can't hear the t.v.cause the ol is snoring so loud. ..and this friggin cat knows she ownes the place....l'm smoking on some Humble. ..pretty good, ,taste like some good old school weed. .:48:

So been growing this papaya out, my first real grow. ..seams like all they want to do is eat. .have been feeding something just about every other watering. .a mineral tea.bat gauno, worms tea. ..they seam to be loving it. ...hungry buggars. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back