Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya Capt.;)I been keepin half a** logs..I'm Guilty...:( Will pick up a real log book pronto...

D.D. :rofl:

Nope I'm 60 something I'd tell U exactly but I don't remember but I'm sure I wrote it down somewhere!--I'll check the log book !---Says here I moved to bloom but no date !
Don't pay no attention to D.D.! --She high !--- Sometimes a foggy memory comes in handy !--Best I remember D.D. had her 39th birthday !(again)!

Hey the directions for making tetras says germinate the seed in a bottle of water !---I like doing it that way tetras or not !

My rotation of taking clones on the 1st. and 15th. (When it working right ) makes it easier to keep up with how old who is !-- in bloom there are 4 boxes 2 weeks apart --In veg. It's pretty much who's ready !

About a rotation -- U divide bloom up into 2 week sections ( one plant or a group of plants )--If a plant finishes in 60 days that's 4 --2 week sections --So if I move a group to bloom every 2 weeks when it's time to move the 5th group into bloom the first group moved to bloom will be ready to harvest !-- For every 2 weeks longer it takes the plant to finish U need another group or plant going to bloom !--- U could run a rotation of some long finishing sativa --13 weeks to finish ---I need 7 groups in bloom to harvest every 2 weeks !---- That 8th plant goes to bloom that first group comes out !--Then every 2 weeks !---Only restriction is available room !---An --AK 47 rotation could be done with 3 groups in bloom !--- Figured that out one time when I got high !

never thought I would make it to the 65th year. damn where did the 40's and 50's go?

Bozzo where U been Cuz ? --U down In the land of sunshine getting them old peoe high and taking they money at the card table ?--- U know that what he does ya'll !--- U need to stop by more often old man !--Where did the 40's and 50s go ?

I know fermenting in the grow room has come up before but I been looking at some wine making kits !---I don't drink anymore but I guess if I made it I'd have to sample it !--- Maybe a Merlot or some Fruit Wine ? --Would it be against the law to distill wine into Cognac ? ---

Are you guys insinuating that I'm an old hag? Called in sick; this OLD body just couldn't do it tonight! Keef's keeping me medicated, so I'm good! Don't think I'll be moving from this sofa any time soon! Going to try & convince Keef to make guacamole burgers for supper or..... who knows! It's early for supper anyway.

Are you guys insinuating that I'm an old hag?
Hag? NEVER! Old? Well.................:)

Pullet had three free tickets to the picture show, so we loaded up the bus and headed to Birch Run. The movie was Dead Pool, kind of a spin off of Marvel comics. Funnier than a rubber crutch! Seats were new and comfy as hell. Back didn't hurt a bit all the while I was there. Made a mental note to take wrenches to fit the anchor bolts that hold 'em down next time I go.

Think they'd miss one?

evening everybody, bozzo good to see you here. been working in the shed, finally got things more to my liking. thinking about changing the veg box to leds. not sure which way i'm gonna go just yet. them bigger cfls make a good amount of heat.

Evening all, hunting some chemD x cherry fuel I have hidden from myself, it's about 6-7 months cured now so it should kick like a mule.....will update when the search ends.....

Evening Giggy !--Bozzo I was just thinking about not being able to use a CO2 system and why not do some brewing !--- I saw where they using bud brewing beer !-- Don't know what it would do to taste but the alcohol would disolve some of the THC and take it right to the blood stream !--Be electric beer for sure !--Never was much on beer anyway !--- Maybe make D.D. a nice Merlot !--- I could use the CO2 !-- I saw some cheap wine making kits !-- Could probably make my own but I wish to avoid that game of 10,000 questions !---I buy a kit --I say ask them !--- Kraven U know this stuff ?----If I make some Apple Jack --It's only right to distill it !---Do I need to throw the head out and is there a formula about how much to throw out off the head ? -- Cherry Brandy sound kinda nice !

Yes Keef it's the first 10%, it will blind you and make you very sick. Make sure to just catch the prime, try not to let the tails get in there or it will taste like a wet dog.

I prefer to mash in with just corn and good clear water, then when that's been cooked down, let her ferment for a good week to ten days before trying to run her through the rig.

Catch it it quart jars and number them right ?-- Think I'll get a wine making kit and just play with it awhile !-- Get one them sugar measuring devices --Sucrameter ?--

Taking cuts and stuff tommorrow !-- That T.E. in Frog dirt needs to be chopped back !-- She coming back with a vengeance! -- Next time it'll be B.B. then the Widow !-- Give the dirt mothers time to recover before before scissor man comes around again !--- Be glad when I have a 4th line to work !--

I did mine el-cheapo. I took a five gallon plastic water carboy, put five pounds of cracked corn in it along with five pounds of sugar and a couple packs of yeast and topped it off with luke warm water. Stuck the cap back on, drilled a quarter inch sized hole in the top, bent a chunk of quarter inch copper tubing in a U shape, drilled two holes in a plastic medicine bottle, filled the bottle 3/4 full of water, stuffed the copper tubing in one hole and a plastic aquarium hose in the other. She'll bubble for a week or two. When it slows down, chuck in a couple more pounds of sugar.

When she's done, I pour off the liquid and stick it in my pressure cooker still. Fill the carboy back up with water and five pounds of sugar and let her run again. Don't need to add more yeast 'cause there's enough left in the corn mash.

I'll have to look up the temps to be sure, but if you bring up the temperature of the cooker slowly, you don't need a thermometer. I use one anyways. The nasty alcohol starts perking at 178 (?). After it stops, the next stuff out is the keeper goodies. After that, it's water vapor that comes out next.

I figure if I make RSO again, I'll distill the alcohol back off of it instead of just letting it evaporate. You don't run the temps past 220, so I can't see what it would hurt.

I run the alcohol through the rig three times. I use a hygrometer and a graduated cylinder to test the proof of the shine. Stuffs got a bourbon taste to it.

Just found the temps. Methanol boils at around 151 degrees. That's the nasty stuff you don't want to be drinking. Ethanol (the good stuff) starts boiling at 173 degrees. Isopropyl starts at 177. All temps vary due to atmospheric pressures.

Been trimming 12 hours a day for the last 3 days. The Jack is stunning but the yield was less than impressive. 4 trimmers today. They all rather get paid with weed than money. Apparently they set my son straight about a few things in regards to growing and respect. Another 3 or 4 hours tomorrow should finish it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back