Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as far as wine goes. I have made it many times as strong as brandy. The trick is the yeast and doing it carefully so it doesn't sour on you. The stronger you make it the easier it seems to sour Try making it with bakers yeast and a little extra sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to keep the yeast taste away

Evets I have a proper home wine making set up with an assortment of brewers yeast -- 2 gallon primary fermenter along with a 1 gallon secondary fermenter anti- back flow valves even bottles, corks and a corker !-- I want to learn to make good wine not pruno !

Lol. No I know the difference and what you mean. That's a nice little system tho for making good wine. But he mentioned brandy. My dad make some damn good brandy the way I said about. That's not for making wine. H less you love fruit juice wine. Lol. I like doing that with oranges and tangerines and peaches. Just a low amount of alcohol in it when finished. It's a nice glass of juice with breakfast and your morning bowl. Lmao. Nice kick start to the morning. Haha. I make a gallon or two every once in a while with a similar set up to yours They are all about the same just different sizes. I think mine is 3gal but I don't ever make that much in it. Idk if I still have it actually. Between the moves idk. And then I also had a homeade stovetop stil for shine but someone stil it. Karma probably not them in the *** when they got sick from not making it properly

Whoa !-- Got the cloning done !--- The T.E. is back jack !--- I got more T.E. cuts than expected !-- Lots of B.B. cuts -- about half dozen Bubblicious and about half dozen GG#4 !--- The Widow is slow to recover from the bugs so she gets the cycle off !--- May run a couple GG#4 and a couple Bubblicious just to see what I got !
Next cycle I'm thinking GG #4 and the Widow !

I brew beer. The process is similar. There is a new distillery back in NJ. They do 3 lines of spirits. A rum, a rye whiskey, and small batch single run whiskeys. Currently it is an IPA beer that they brewed and then distilled into a whiskey.

My head hurts from reading to catch up. Yall are a bunch of Potheads, ,,stoners. :rofl:

Yeah I tried beer when I was younger and still living at home and my we got my dad a huge beer making kit that was extremely expensive and came with everything. I was suprise led at how good the Qaulity was of everything. The beer came out good and it was tasty. I just didn't care for the whole process as much as I enjoyed making wine. And the brandy hooch I love making just cus of how DELICOUS you can make it with just a bit of alcohol or make it really strong. Whatever you want. I like making it cus I like the fruit juice with a bit of kick. I like real wine too but won't make it right now cus when I do I go all out with it and I need a basement or large area to do it the way I want to. So for now I just make a few batches of each once in a blue moon. Once I get a steady solid place that I plan on staying at for many years I will start doing it again. Same with growing. I want to have a full basement for making wine and growing weed. My dads house would be perfect. It's out in the middle of no where and no one would bother me and I would just keep it to myself and eventually it would be legalized and I'd just turn the house into a dispensary for medical marijuana. But that's going to be a long time considering if I go to my Home state I'll be aressted as soon as a cop sees me. Can't go back for many years and it's over something so stupid and small that they don't bother me out of state so I left and so happy I did. I have a business of my own. Even though we may struggle at times. The business is mine. So I know I'll always be ok as long as I have my Van and can Wash cars and repair them. And hell at worst case scenario throw a mattress in back and sleep in it too. Lol. I wish I could convince my boyfriend to tough it out for a few months and save up a few thousand dollars so we can expand and really make good money. But he doesn't want to so here we are.

OH. GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!!!!????? We got the RV to the new spot. And I can't believe it but SHE DROVE ON HER OWN THE WHOLE WAY THERE WITH NO PROBLEMS UNTIL THE LAST MILE. She lost oil pressure and valves started tapping bad but she still drive the rest of the way. Lost a bit of power at the end but still was decent Hopefully no damage was done and I can change the oil oil filter and oil pump and oil gauge sender unit and it be fixed completely. We're see. But WE GOT HER THERE ATLEAST!

What up Hopper !-- U gonna be in the Ozarks all week ? -- We gonna have to chase us down so more or that oil !--- Rocked my world !--- Can't wait till I have the weed to justify that CO2 hash oil extractor !--

If you don't know where to make your cuts, your gonna miss the prime or let it smear into the heads and tails...and for gods sake if you do, use good copper and stainless only, and throw away the first 100ml, it is poison and will blind you.

It takes some skill to just get the prime cut keef, it took me many years with my granddaddy on my *** till I got it down. I make shine, damn good shine......so did my daddy and his daddy and his daddy. When I run a batch its in a 50 gal kettle with a thumper before the worm, it sorta double distills it, so coming off the worm I'm hot.... usually 165 proof or right close. Then you also have to know just how to temper down your shine so that it can be enjoyed. I usually temper down to 110 proof, that will knock you on your *** quickly.

What up Cane ? -- I think cloning is addictive !--- This should be all I need for the next cycle !---While they root I'll see if I can't sex a few more !--- Maybe a month before I need the bloom area to veg. !--

Get settled then U can get your grow working Evets !--- Takes a lot of planning !---

Cannabis is so often thought of as something that stunts motivation and drive, something that dulls the intellect, but when cannabis culture and cannabis innovation is fostered it becomes a catalyst for healing. And maybe even overcome an outdated bias about the plant and about the people who use it.

Got it Kraven !-- I know what a thump keg or doubler is !-- Number the jars as it comes out !--On a small run I would use pint jars and throw the first 10% out I would use my meter to tell when alcohol contents starts to drop at the tail !--- All I know is sugar shine !-- 100 gallons water --100 lbs of sugar--1 lb of yeast !--Ferment for a week until yeast does it's thing !---Never tried to distill fruit wine into brandy !--- Got some reading to do !-- - I think if a pot pharmer gonna make RSO they should make thier own alcohol !--Stuff is expensive and U just gonna evaporate it off !-- I think a quart of Everclear cost about $20 around here !--

Got high and forgot !-- Got a slab of pork ribs in the smoker over a chunk of pecan wood !--I love my stainless steel electric smoker !-- 225 -Low and slow !---Have some ribs late !--

Kraven I don't even drink anymore !--- Thought it might be wise to brush up on distilling in case I want to make RSO later !--$100 a gallon be a wee steep for me and no one even drinks it !

lol, i don't drink it, only when cooking, just to sample and make sure its going right. I have a few friends that are big fans and I also put some in charred white oak barrels and let it age a year, sure does taste like RC Black Label when its done, yet kicks like a mule with no hang ouver....the hangover is in the heads and my cut never has any in it. But blended whiskey does, they run everything but the tails....and they smell/ taste like a nasty wet dog.

Well talk to me !-- I'm gonna make fruit wine and distill it into brandy maybe !--- Got some reading to do !

Time to burn !-- My head hurts !---

Methanol has a lower boiling point than Ethanol so it seems to me there would be no problem using denatured alcohol if the denaturing agent is methanol to make RSO --By the time the ethanol is evaped off the methanol is long gone !---

methanol has a lower boiling point than ethanol so it seems to me there would be no problem using denatured alcohol if the denaturing agent is methanol to make rso --by the time the ethanol is evaped off the methanol is long gone !---
noooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back