Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Keef that is a good idea. I tell tj to keep a eye out for barrels. The problem with 20-25 barrels or pots is the money for dirt. My budget is limited. This Ga dirt I don't know if it is good enough for growing. The farmer seem to have no problem with there growing. I do live in a farming area. I have field all around me except for the North side that is my little piece of woods. Love it.

Ofc!! 49 degrees here. I done shed my winter coat and it gets cold again!!
I'm glad I stuck that sativa girl in bloom when I did. In 9 days she has doubled her height. I should have plenty of room, but dang she is getting tall. Hope y'alls morning goes well. Took me all week, but I made it to friday!

Morning everyone. Hey Nes. If you do end using soil that your not sure about how good it is. 1. It's weird but if your brave enough good dirt tastes...like dirt. Bad soil tastes...like sand more. Good soil you will taste a rich mineral taste. Good dirt actually first taste BAD. It's just not good tasting. Those of you who needed a laught. But Nes if your forced to use what you got. I would recommend atleast getting Perlite and adding to the dirt so the roots atleast get oxygen. If you grow in crappy dirt then your plants will rely more on the Water for Nutrients and Perlite for oxygen to get to the roots of course. Of course I'm sure everyone would agree it will be worth t to get some soil. When I started this time I didn't have money to spend. I got the $2 bag 40lb of soil and a big bag of Perlite. Mixed 50/50 and plants are doing good. I'm not growing huge plants but if they were outside in a 25gal pot of this dirt I've been using I'm sure they would grow fine. The only thing I don't recommend tho is the cheap stuff at Walmart the is like $2.75 for big bag. It has mulch in with the dirt. Bad idea for bugs and molds. I don't know about outside grows. But inside grows I was told no wood chips or mulch in or on the dirt. This is true correct ?

Oh and yeah the 55gal plastic barrels work good. I would screw 2 pieces of 2x4 onto the bottom because that will help you be able to slide it better. You screw them on good or lag bolts from inside of barrel thru to the wood. Then the edges or corners that would drag in dirt you cut that off at an angel and they will let you be able to drag the Pots anywhere you need without a ton of effort. That's what I used when grew some big plants. It was still in a greenhouse but we could drag them in and outside to flush and stuff without hurting our backs

Good Morning OFC. When tax day and a holiday for freedom fall on the same day, they push back the tax day. Happy emancipation day everyone. Oh and TGIF.

I just dig a hole and put pro mix in it ....that's my pot.....MORELS where? Damn it's coming soon. mushroom season is one of my 4 seasons. mushroom, berry, hunting, snowbird........ 4 seasons good morning OFC

Morning O.F.C. !-- Running late this morning !--- Bozzo got a deer stand ya'll that's more like a condo on stilts !---I could hunt that way !

Thats funny bozzo. I like your 4 seasons. no football?

I was just looking at beautiful pictures of indoor grows, it makes me want to do one, but why? I do think indoor grows are prettier than od. The wind and rain and hail all beat them up pretty good, but ya can't beat the sun for penetration.

Thanks Umbra, happy day to you too.
Hey umbra have you heard of me and 23? the dna tests? Your thoughts? I had a doc tell me to get it. I did, it will take 3 months to get the results. They must be busy. I hope i am a tiny bit african american, lol, i have always had white guilt...I won't be... northern european probably...hope we find something surprising, in an interesting way.

23 & me Rose my doctor had me do one also...The problem is reading it....They do not show you what is wrong, ...With my family history sometimes I think I really don't want to know..With the mitochondrial disorder it may show up. But that does not mean that it is active:confused2:

Rose U so funny !-- Maybe U should back your stuff up indoors so U don't loose it !-- Maybe just a little clone in veg.?
Hey Dog -- I feel U on that sativa !-- The Widow is only 65% sativa and I went thru a lot of seed finding one I could tame - barely !-- I mean U flip the lights --and it's off !-- The B.B. and T.E. are much easier to handle !-- That's what I like about cloning --A plant does something like stretches real bad --- Next time U know what to expect !--- bend it over some !-- That's why I went to Umbra wanting a potent indica heavy hybrid -- He recommended -- The Tranquil Elephantizer -- LA Confidential --- 4 Corners (?) -- Never can remember the 4th !--- Took me awhile to lay hands on the T.E. seed !-- I don't think Bohdi got anymore !--Anyway he didn't steer me wrong !-- The B.B. can hold it's own too !-- Stoned and rambling !--Anyway Dog --Indica heavy hybrids work well indoors !

Thats funny bozzo. I like your 4 seasons. no football?

I was just looking at beautiful pictures of indoor grows, it makes me want to do one, but why? I do think indoor grows are prettier than od. The wind and rain and hail all beat them up pretty good, but ya can't beat the sun for penetration.

Thanks Umbra, happy day to you too.
Hey umbra have you heard of me and 23? the dna tests? Your thoughts? I had a doc tell me to get it. I did, it will take 3 months to get the results. They must be busy. I hope i am a tiny bit african american, lol, i have always had white guilt...I won't be... northern european probably...hope we find something surprising, in an interesting way.

I have not had it done. 1 of my sisters has the family bible. In it has the last 8 generations on my mother's side. All European. My father's side is a bit harder to track because of the lack of birth records. But looks European as well. 1 of my sisters went back pretty far in the family history. Both of my sisters went to Ireland and did even more research.

Big honking buds is all i gotta say Joe. Too bad your yield sucked..NOT, look at all those jars. Such a tidy area. Nice work Joe.

Rose, if you have European heritage, no reason to have white guilt. That's something that gov has invented. I come from the European region as well.
What's odd, is all races are encouraged to embrace their heritage and culture and color. Except for whites. My heritage is poor white sharecroppers. Nothing for me to be ashamed of, might be different if my folks owned slaves. The vast majority of southerners did not own slaves. They couldn't have afforded to even if they wanted.

There was some ugly stuff on my dads side that caused the white guilt I have felt ever since I can remember. My grandfather was a poor farmer, and his son, my dad was a great small farmer with his own business. My other g father was a minister. My mom did genealogy and loved it. We too have those old family bibles that go back forever.. Thank you YD, those share croppers were important part of our history... You made a good point.

Nice Joe. Very lovely looking buds.

As far as digging a whole. Like I mentioned before.bthis is. A good example. Everyone has there ways. Some ways work good for some and bad for others. Digging holes and planting in ground never worked for me. EVERYTIME I have tried digging a hole and planting in the ground it has ended badly. Lol. The one thing I do like tho is growing in an old tree stump. OMG the plants blew up I've done it a few times and getting ready to do it again since this morning I found a nice place to put an outside plant and there is an rotted stump there but it's like 6inches away from the sunny spot. So I'm thinking about planting one of my Clones in or around the stump again to see if it works here in Florida. I was in PA mountain before when tried in ground and in stumps.

Oh. Guess what My little one is Flowering now so I guess I atleast know what strain one plant is now since it flowered in 24/7 lighting. I only had one Auto Strain. And that was LSD-25 strain. I thought I ordered more autos but when I was looking over the strains to try and figure them out I noticed only the LSD-25 is Autoflowering so I have a pretty educated assumption that the one that flowered in 24/7 light is the LSD-25 plant

View attachment image.jpg

Big honking buds is all i gotta say Joe. Too bad your yield sucked..NOT, look at all those jars. Such a tidy area. Nice work Joe.

thank you all

Loose lips sink ships and all, its nice to come here and show-n-tell

This is still just the main colas from the first part of the harvest...

adding in all the best of the best from the canopy, I should add another jar with 1.75-2 jars more in trim/popcorn

wait, pics are easier....

this should be everything "worth smoking"

and then

everything for hash/cooking

I <3 Cali-O

View attachment PICT0545.jpg

View attachment PICT0547.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back