Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rose - you didn't tell me to leave it. you said you would back me what ever way i chose to do it. like i said, i was being greedy. i appreciate the help and this is a learning experience. please don't feel like you have any responsibility for my screw up. i prolly would have left it even if you'd told me to chop it. i didn't have the time to chop it and i wanted it to fatten up. i pulled the pot out of the hole i had it in and am moving it around the yard to keep it in the sun as much as possible to dry it out. i might chop in the morning though. i am seeing some amber now. the buds are a bit bigger than last week. it was just a rainy, lousy week to be a cannabis plant outside in massachusetts last week. another reason i might chop is i am feeling like henry hunt in goodfellas. i see planes flying over and i am paranoid that it is the dea looking for my little grow. lol...

View attachment IMG_2288[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_2287[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_2285[1].jpg

Morning Ness !--Rose !--OF !--

Umbra I see me and a wholesaler having a problem !-- To avoid that is why I want to grow it make an extract product like e-cig juice !-- Bag appeal is eliminated --I plan to strip the fan leaves and extract everything else !-- Eliminate the cost and or frustration of trimming !--- I then package a product and wholesale it !-- The numbers say flowers are more valuable !-- but if I can eliminate the flower wholesaler --trimming and the waste of the trim itself !-- It shouldn't be much less than flowers !-- Unless I can't do it the plan is e-cig hash oil cartridges !-- The restrictions on where people can spark up the novelty and younger market will last years around here !-- Plus this is a resort area !-- Just give me a little wiggle room in a "Grey area" and watch me work !-- I don't pay to play !-- Been growing just fine without being on a list so I see no reason to be on one !-- It would be nice to be legal but if that means someone comes snooping around then No!--I'm good !

Umbra - I respect NCH, he is doing his thing and it's working. Cali seems a little more difficult environment to transition into, you know...the good o'l boy's clubs. I hope that one of NCH' friends would not be so disrespectful to say that and mean it, I think it was more of a light hearted hint to quit trying so hard, just relax and let it come too you. I know you grow well, and I also know that when your struggling to get established off handed comments sometimes can be misunderstood. Hold your head high, today is the only day you have control over tbh, so make today a good on bro ;)

Kraven thank you. I know you are on to something there...NCH told me the same thing. I am trying too hard. It is easy to fall into that trap when you see NCH's work and you see mine. Rose, the lighting upgrade gives me the same lights as NCH. He doesn't use that many air cooled double ended hoods, he just uses the gavita setup with ballast attached and the light exposed to the air. He has height in his space. The 2 things he recommended were the air cooled hoods and using shorter squatter plants like the tahoe og to keep from getting too tall. Both have helped considerably. It may be that the tahoe og's rock and I never find the problem...just move forward.

I know OF !-- It's Croptober !--They up there ! --On the coast I got the coast guard over flight as well as Po-Po over flight several times everyday !-- Can't grow outside !
I think Umbra needs to rediscover the joy of growing to please himself !-- We hit these walls sometimes !-- Bugs almost made me quit !-- We over came it and got back to it and not afraid of bugs anymore !-- I'll hit another wall one day and I'll have to solve another problem before moving on !-- Personally --I think NCH probably beats U in drying and curing !-- Go visit !-- Keep your eyes open !- but I know U would !-- Come on NCH !-- Hook the brother up !-- Don't roll over him like he's a bug-- There's no need for that !--U buy a man a fish U feed him for a day !--U teach a man to fish --U feed him for a lifetime !-- Growing is not that different !
Kraven --Wanna come visit ? -- Be careful !

lol keef. this one plane i think has been over the neighborhood a couple of times. i had just moved the plant from its concealed garden and put it in the yard to dry out. no swat teams yet...

thanks kraven. i gave her a good once over. i only found 3 small spots on the very tippy tops of 2 buds that looked moldy. i will check it with a blacklight tonight like rose said. 3 days of sunshine are on tap her so i hope to get a little more weight packed on. er, her, not me...

Oh! -He already helping U Umbra !-- Mane I give NCH a hard time don't I ? -- I don't think it hurts his feelings even a little bit !--
OF -- I can't even imagine how it would be if the law changed !-- One day!-- I smoke a legal joint !- Maybe not so much legal on the growing and market end !-- Not my fault !-- They made me what I am ain't my fault !

OF,I find it amazing how much the do fatten up at the end of the season, don't get me wrong, i have no fat buds out there, but they are filling out better...

Kraven good advice.. It is so hard when your grow goes to pot... I was wondering about the final trim too Umbra... we are on your side.

Yea, one more thing to consider is that you can have a perfect grow ruined by an improper dry / trim / cure. I never pass meds on to peeps till they have at least 30 days worth of a cure....hard to get green fresh to stack up to 30 day old with a little cure. All points to ponder, but not criticisms. Peace

Well to eliminate the harvest and drying as a variable, I paid NCH's crew to do it. We did it together so I could see what they do and how they do it. The crew said I hit out of the park. But....short on the money when all is said and done.

Hmmm, well that seems to be a head scratcher.... Wonder what the politics are between buyers and sellers, wonder if you had an agent or something....just brain storming. Maybe you have not had the time to build the relationships NCH has, I don't think your product is any different than his (not based on fact but my assumptions) but his relationships may run deeper?

I know that's right Kraven !-- New guy ? --
Well come the end of prohibition I be sitting on one of the few CO2 hash oil machines in the area and I will be working that thing !-- I run everything I lay hands on thru it !-- So I plan to be the buyer too !-- At least until I can grow enough to keep it busy !-- People gonna like the hash oil cartridges !-- Few around here would have a clue they even exist !-- They stick with high taxes on it ? --it just drives the street price up !--

Kraven that may be true, I don't know. No one here cures their weed though. I ran some thru 1 of NCH's brokers. Same from him as the dispensary, so I have to conclude that is the market price. If you looked at both our work, you would know without a doubt...his is better. I'm not trying to put myself down, I'm trying to get better. His weed is better than mine. People's face's show it, the prices he gets proves it. Not trying to knock NCH in any way or myself for that matter.
I had an 83 fxwg. Shovelhead, 4 spd kick and electric start. I could not kick this bike and start it no matter what I did. Buddy of mine said you don't know how to kick a bike. So I said show me. This guy played for the NFL and he kicked it over more than 200 times. It never started. Problem was wire from the stator had lost some of the insulation and shorted. It did just enough damage to the electronic ignition to keep it from kick start but not enough to keep it from running or starting with the electric starter. Fixed the insulation on the wire, pulled ignition box out and went to breakerless points. Bike was a 1 kicker after that.

I'm gonna be strong !--This is not my time yet --I need to keep my head down and finish my work and just grow !-- but ???-- Nope! --I want to but I'm not ! -- It's hard to keep the Outlaw from getting loose !-- His time comes soon enough !

Well, that sounds to me like a very levelheaded thought process. Just make sure your not comparing apples to oranges. You both have unique grow spaces, I am in no place to offer advice, only to help assess. No matter how you look at it, your a competitor to NCH, maybe not a huge one, but the more you sell the less there is to be bought. With that being said, NCH is a businessman, your a businessman we all know that business is business. If you suddenly find a "magic button" your not gonna rush out to share that with NCH, it all comes down to money sadly enough. I can see him helping and trying his best...but there will come a time when it becomes business again, and that's when you just don't share the hard fought secrets. Both of us know that's a very realistic thing, since each of you feels the same way.... this is how I pay the bills, and build my future....you just don't ever share the good secrets.

Umbra how many years NCH been growing in California ? -- U just finishing your first year ? -- His grow area is built as a grow or fit what he wanted ? -- U have to adapt to the grow area U got !-- If no one else is curing then give it a try !--

I confess !--Things are not always what they seem !--- Let he who is without sin cast the first stone !-- Put the rocks down I was just playing !--

Well, that sounds to me like a very levelheaded thought process. Just make sure your not comparing apples to oranges. You both have unique grow spaces, I am in no place to offer advice, only to help assess. No matter how you look at it, your a competitor to NCH, maybe not a huge one, but the more you sell the less there is to be bought. With that being said, NCH is a businessman, your a businessman we all know that business is business. If you suddenly find a "magic button" your not gonna rush out to share that with NCH, it all comes down to money sadly enough. I can see him helping and trying his best...but there will come a time when it becomes business again, and that's when you just don't share the hard fought secrets. Both of us know that's a very realistic thing, since each of you feels the same way.... this is how I pay the bills, and build my future....you just don't ever share the good secrets.
We are on the same page. Totally agree. I did go back to work so that growing for a living wouldn't be as much of an issue and I could get a chance to figure it out. My plan from the beginning was to get the grow to a point where is was closer to NCH's work than I am now, without the stress of worrying about paying the bills. Unfortunately, life had a different plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back