Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pear cider is legal, it's called perry. it falls under the 300 gal of wine and beer personal consumption.

Good morning Umbra hope you're having a good morning so far

Cider can be difficult to do. Too much of the juice has preservatives added to keep it from spoiling. It kills the yeast. The home brew club I used to belong to in NJ, we would go to an apple orchard as a club and get fresh cider squeezed and poured directly into a sanitized carboy.

Hey Bud good morning. Lots of chores. It's actually not raining today, so time to get stuff done.

Bud --I got sidetracked and forgot but I've watched several how to videos and U know I been playing around ? --I got me a press picked out along with the stuff I'll need --cartridges and all !-- Just waiting to I have the weed to justify buying the stuff !
Umbra -- This ain't no where near "Wine " anymore !-- The alcohol really obsorbs the fruit essence and when U start condensing it by taking out the water those flavors pop !-- D.D. bought me all those alcohol % testers and stuff but easier just to taste it !-- I want it dry !-- very little if any sugar left !--That airlock bubbler tells me to !-- She stops bubbling ? --Sugar bout gone !-- It doesn't taste good at this point !- like fruit beer !
I reduce it down to a fifth what I started with it'll be plenty potent but no sweetness at all !-- I kill the yeast! - Then sweeten it just enough !-- It comes out about 80 proof depends on the starting alcohol content !-- It's like making sweet tea -- Some like it sweeter some less !-- Strawberry, Watermelon, Blueberry, Cherry, BlackBerry -- These I do very well !

I hear you there Umbra it's funny when the weather gets nasty outside how quick you fall behind on your yardwork and stuff like that we've had -30 for like the last week and a half it finally warmed up to +4 today I can't believe how the cold makes such a difference in the humidity in my flower room I couldn't even get it to 30 come out this morning haven't changed anything and it's at 35 so that makes me a lot happier Keef watch that video it's not using a hair straightener well he better get to work the lights just turned on

Just out of curiosity any of you guys tried the Mendocino Purps if so what did you think of it and was it the Seed version or the clone version because I guess they're different

Yep Bud !-- I like it !-- I thought about it but after the hair iron incident I'm not allowed to mess with her stuff !-- Anyway I like it !-- U been looking at hydrolic cylinders and pumps and motors !-- 2 hot plates and tons of pressure !-- U started building U one yet ? -- Cause I know U going to sooner rather than later !--

Keef me to it's been quite a long time since I've smoked any of it I've had it for a long time just wasn't able to grow her I think I had her for close to seven years

No I haven't started building yet still looking at different ideas but the ones that seem to have good results all boiled down to basically the same design

Strain Hunters Seed Bank - White Strawberry Skunk has me thinking.

Bud send me some them seed and let me see what U got !- - Don't even know what it's supposed to look like or anything !-- Totally unbiased opinion !-- See how that disease slips out sometimes ?

Bud when it comes down to it --- Form follows Function !-- In order to do a specific function the tool has to look a certain way !-- 2 heated plates squished together with great force ! -- Levers or mechanical advantage is called for to get the desired pressure !-- My little brother supposed to be here today or tomorrow! -- After I blow his mind with the grow we'll talk Rosin Press !-- Daddy still got a full Metal working shop !-- Mig and stick welder --milling machine - Lathe !-- We grew up with tools and raw material --building stuff was second nature !-- Daddy did hydrolic and pneumatics controls !-- There pumps- motors - cylinders and control systems all over the shop !-- Daddy used to find lots of stuff !-- One day we had and empty shop seemed like next day it had all the major metal working machines !-- And the fork lift used to load and unload them !-- Musta got a very good deal on that stuff !

Bud send me some them seed and let me see what U got !- - Don't even know what it's supposed to look like or anything !-- Totally unbiased opinion !-- See how that disease slips out sometimes ?

Bud when it comes down to it --- Form follows Function !-- In order to do a specific function the tool has to look a certain way !-- 2 heated plates squished together with great force ! -- Levers or mechanical advantage is called for to get the desired pressure !-- My little brother supposed to be here today or tomorrow! -- After I blow his mind with the grow we'll talk Rosin Press !-- Daddy still got a full Metal working shop !-- Mig and stick welder --milling machine - Lathe !-- We grew up with tools and raw material --building stuff was second nature !-- Daddy did hydrolic and pneumatics controls !-- There pumps- motors - cylinders and control systems all over the shop !-- Daddy used to find lots of stuff !-- One day we had and empty shop seemed like next day it had all the major metal working machines !-- And the fork lift used to load and unload them !-- Musta got a very good deal on that stuff !

I wish I had some i'm just curious because she's the clone version how much different the Seed version actually is I've read it's quite a bit different because I would like to breed her but keep her the same just so I have some seeds of her kicking around because she is getting pretty old

I'm more like The Waterboy when it comes to Foosball !

Bud they were talking about the answer to your problem this morning !-- U get Kraven or Umbra to walk U thru "Selfing" !-- Turn a cut into a boy and breed it back to momma !--

Well just finished the first spray down on my S1 project. I guess I could do a thread on it if anyone is interested?

Rose thats how I feel when mine ignite, I can't look in on the plants without a pair of LED shades on, it's so intense that it hurts my eyes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back