Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go postal on the weatherman. I would be done with my roof if I never listened to that sumbeech. On the plus side,,,, I just dropped the coin on one of those cheap 1000 watt led grow lites. Took a look at my coverage & decided I needed more light. Problem is my electric bill is becoming obnoxious with the 4 I have now so I took the plunge on a led that consumes 280 watts. If this thing works out I may have some changing out to do.

Nick it is just different than tubes and other lights! -- Not only do U have to pay for the power for the lights U have to keep it from getting too hot with A/C fans and stuff !-- More money for that power !-- I had to make LEDS work ! -- We getting there ! -- Keep them up about 18 inches of the tops of the plants !-- Little more little less just don't burn them with it too close !

Hey Bud, you too. Been smoking on some BB King this morning. While I bred it a few years ago, I haven't had any in the garden in a while. popped a dozen or so beans and found 1 female I liked. Revegging her now along with a bunch of other testers.

I'm really excited to try the BB King once I get things more stable out there I'm going to try for a few more girls of them so I can pick the best one The Bb king sounds like it has some super taste I really can't wait

Yeah, I'm sure it will be different. I'm just hoping I can produce bodacious buds with it. I have my temps pretty well under control. I have a dedicated a/c for the grow room but I only use it in the summer. During the winter, like now, my biggest problem is lack of humidity. I heat the house with gas and the humidity runs below 50%.

I have about decided on trying a hydro run for my next grow. I am drawn to the flood and drain style and figure I could run 8 plants in my grow room. In order to do that I need either one light per plant or find leds that cast a broad enough footprint to cover 64 sq. ft of floor space. I can do that now with 4 double ended 600 watt hps but the cost to run 'em is a lot and in summer I have to add aux cooling.

If I can get the same coverage and save money on electric using LED's I'll make the switch. Otherwise I'm just going to have to limit myself to a smaller garden.
:48:

Umbra what means this " BoC" ?

Box of Chocolates. The basic idea was to take chocolate thai and coco kush and breed them together. The breeding project was to add to the genetic pool, not isolate a particular trait. I decided to go about it in a different kind of way by adding other genes to the gene pool. Essentially Escober bred coco kush and chocolope in his chocolate rain. So I started there. Chocolope from DNA uses chocolate thai. DrawoH has 1 of the best cultivars of chocolate thai, it's the same cut that DNA used for chocolope. I only had access to DrawoH's chocolate piss, so that was next in the genetic soup. And the last ingredient was Bodhi's HeadTrip, blockhead x chocolate trip. I used 1 male and 1 female of each in a box and let them go wild. The result was the Box of Chocolates.

Umbra That sounds like a pretty insane creation if you ever need a guinea pig I'm here for you my friend

Yo Bud -- My thoughts exactly! -- We got your back Umbra when U ready for some test grows !

I thought I had the VCD under control! -- Nope !-- Not even close !-- I'm a variety junkie !

Box of Chocolates. The basic idea was to take chocolate thai and coco kush and breed them together. The breeding project was to add to the genetic pool, not isolate a particular trait. I decided to go about it in a different kind of way by adding other genes to the gene pool. Essentially Escober bred coco kush and chocolope in his chocolate rain. So I started there. Chocolope from DNA uses chocolate thai. DrawoH has 1 of the best cultivars of chocolate thai, it's the same cut that DNA used for chocolope. I only had access to DrawoH's chocolate piss, so that was next in the genetic soup. And the last ingredient was Bodhi's HeadTrip, blockhead x chocolate trip. I used 1 male and 1 female of each in a box and let them go wild. The result was the Box of Chocolates.

Cornucopia of Chocolate! Sign me up.

I got a new girl !-- The White -x- Black Rose !-- Umbra can I just refer to it as Black and White ? -- We know what it is !-- She showed right behind the Snow Desiel that is also a girl !
Umbra -- I understand and approve of that breeding strategy! -- U just need the right plant !-- It never was about creating a variety !-- What U looking for will be there if U have the patients to grow thru the seed till U find it !-- May be more than one !-- It's not the genetics ( it is and it ain't )-- We be looking for that one plant that expresses those genes in a highly desirable fashion !

I don't think I want that Chocolate Piss part !--
LOL, on it's own the CP stank like 3 day old cat piss that someone rubbed a hershey bar in, but as a part of the breeding it works quite well.

To me it is like olives...the fruit from the olive tree are inedible, they will make you sick if you eat them from the tree. You have to soak them in poison first (lye) then you can eat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from the vet !-- Cost almost as much as it did to replace that engine in the car !-- Except I didn't give the vet any weed !--
Hey Nick -- U said U had about a 100 feet of elevation drop in the creek ? -- Drop that water thru a 6 -8 PVC pipe to the propeller on a boat motor bottom end !-- Water turn the prop which turns the shaft from the propeller to turn an auto alternator !-- To a battery or 2 then back out thru a DC/AC inverter for household or grow room use !-- Gear it to turn that alternator about 1800 RPM and it make plenty power !

Keef, you are thinking to much! I'll git her figured out! That creek only runs when it rains so not really viable but the river may run a small turbine one day.

Might be or could be right out " How to Make Home Electricity From Wind, Water and Sunshine "-- By John A. Kuecken-- copyright 1979 !--
I do smoke a lot of good weed !-- I even got some stanky sheet that will mess U up !

Evening OFC
Speak of BB King I got 1 that is a Giant with large wide Leafs.
Had to go find a new fan in the wintertime in the Mid West. Not a easy task.
All the Grow Pictures are nice.
Budlight I would like to look at those chip you bought. I looked at cobs at Timber Grow light last night. Pricey
Keef I try to go mostly dry on wines. So Dry it will be. Thanks.
Back to the pipe. Been a long trying day.

Hopper -- I got fired from every job I ever had except that last one where I got broke !-- When U threaten to bite the face off your boss while looking him in the eyes--- the job is pretty much over !--Then there was --Nope ! can't tell that one either !-- I was very good at what I did and never had a problem getting a new job !
So I sure as hell wouldn't hire me !-- That dude is trouble !

No,,,i would have never guessed. Didnt get fired from the last one cause you got hurt first,,right? Lol
Again,,,doesn't surprise me at all. You been real lucky Keef talking **** like that to ppl. Not sure i would be proud that you couldn't keep a job and got fired so many times. But to each his own. Must be nice to not have to work.

Hi WH, how was your day? It has been snowing all day here. I got some cloning done, it is nice to be in that bathroom when it is so white and cold out.

I am trying to think if i ever got fired from a job. I quit one after 2 days once. it was on an army base, i was 19, couldn't take the wolf calls or whatever you call them. That was the shortest job i ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back