Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually never thought of California as a desert until moving here. Based on actual rainfall it is a semi arid desert, but no one who think that based on how much food is grown here. The agriculture from california is based on, if you water it enough, you could grow a forest in the sand...there are trees and woods...they're just dead or dying...or on fire

you either use it ,or it runs out to the ocean. at least the rivers. Around here they just cut them trees down before they can burn. Then every 20 years, they cut them again. on the national forest, they replant . The state just slashes it down . they claim its helps the deer to have small trees to eat. Speaking of deer. I'll have to get up before daylight and get to the woods . First of Oct. William Tell time.

Ok Yoop. now I know 2 months from buying seed to flip.

I always wanted to try the pop bottle taped to over the barrel .

gonna set off another bomb tonight and another one friday night, then pop some beans this weekend. i think i'll go with some blue dream and hope i get some girls from it. they were supposed to be fems but turned out to be regs. i believe i'll save a male this time if i get one. got some beans that i breed to try to keep the pink trait of a girl i had last summer, and hope it shows too. yall have a great day folks.

It has to be morning somewhere weather put me down but I'll get up again !-- just not right now ! Yoop -- looks like U might have done this before -- nice pics!-- Hey U remember the game warden - the P.E.T.A. Lady and the coyotes ?? He's back saw his truck yesterday !-- that must mean the P.E.T.A. lady is gone cause they can't stand each other !-- Stupid coyotes !-- must be genetic cause they can not resist that wounded rabbit call ! If U don't know what I'm talking about it's best !-- it started out funny but them people went Crazy !! It's something I'm not real proud of anymore !

hippie,
Could not figure out where to keep the boy growing to maturity, so he took the burn barrel dive. Wish I could have got seeds. Ghost Train popped 8 of 8, Vale' Vale' popped 3 of 4. Have 4 GTH left and 6 VV.
The last picture is the bottom of the root ball from the one male showing the "wicking" pieces and the roots around them. All these plants were started from seed on August 1.

PS,
All watering was done from the bottom only.

Last edited:
bozzo,
You be right, about 2 months from seed to sexing. Flipped to 12/12 on the 21st. So far, 2 males and 5 females, 4 to go.

Too bad you live so far away. I've got a tent you could borrow or I could have raised it for ya.

Thanks, took care of the problem. Wish I could get the bad boy to ya some how. Still have 4 seeds.

keef,
Thanks. And yes, I do kinda remember the story. You know what happens to the ol` memory, mine anyway.

Not to mention they're also highly regulated by the BAFTE. Sure wouldn't want to get caught with an unregistered one. Ten years, ten thousand dollars, or both? OUCH! The ten grand would hurt my wallet. The ten years would effectively be a life sentence for me.

Yoop, the ladies are looking great! You save any males out of the Ghost Train for breeding? How was the germination rate for that bunch o' seeds?
It helps to have a firearm manufacturer's license. If all I did was worry about going to jail, I wouldn't have grown for the last 38 years in a state with very strict laws and live 2 house away from LEO. While the state I came from has mmj, no MD would write a recommendation because the Governor has told them if they write a recommendation, the patient must be terminal with less than 6mths to live, or they will lose their DEA privileges. And a MD that can not write prescriptions, is not an MD. Perhaps I am too old to care anymore. I left everything behind, so I could live my life the way I see fit.

Yes, a manufacturing license through the Feds would be handy in that case.

A MD can't prescribe marijuana in Michigan, either. They can recommend, but that's all.

umbra,
superman,
Ah ha, wannabe`s. A 2 for 1 shot even, can`t miss. Getting` close to deer season, need some target practice, oops, gotta get my mind on the right subject. Wanna join our exclusive club, ok, ok, got it right now. Let`s see if they measure up to our strict criteria for membership.
#1. Over 50.
Yeah, they look like they be old enough to be old farts. We`ll give it to `em.
#2. Not of sound mind.
Both have proved that by wanting to join our club. He, he. he.
Old Farts Club Rules
Yes we got rules. All good clubs have rules and we be a good club. Actually we have only one rule.
We tell no fibs, no half truths, no little white lies, no white lies, no half baked lies, no bold faced lies, no down right lies, no lies in any way, shape or form. Now no one has ever been caught in a lie, so do not be the first one. This has been due to circumstances beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, hearing loss, failing eyesight, brain farts (many of `em), senior moments (many of these too). But mostly due to a "who gives a sh(crap) attitude. OK, the law been laid down, now comes everybody`s favorite part. Find a sittin` spot and partake with us in enjoying some of Mother Nature`s finest medicinal herbs. Now and forever more you will be known as an old fart and curmudgeon. Almost forgot, ya gotta move to Curmudgeonland, our ancestral home. Congrats, now you`re one of us, he, he, he.

Well all my firearmes are registered !!--- not to me !! But I'm sure they musta been registered to someone ! I'm inline to sign up as a registered MMJ grower just as soon as they allow it !! The war is over when weed is legal as lettuce ! Or I get to set up a little beach front cannabis cafe !-- if like in the other states pharmacies have to grow 80% of what they sell !-- would a growers coop be able to open such a place ?? Lot of important questions to be answered before my name goes on a growers list !!

I think flying hogs will be common place before Tex-*** makes weed legal.

I hope and pray I'm wrong, but you know Texas. Their state bird is the armadillo.

I was up late and while I was sitting outside once -- I thought I saw a UFO then when he made a turn -- I could see that it was that magical Green Santa headed north !! Ya'll keep an eye open for that lowrider sled -- green metal flake with pin stripes -- nice ride ! I seen it once ! Anyway thought I better get the word out !

Hey Cuz, you do a little breeding now and then, so how would you do a northern lights and blue mountain Jamaican cross? Northern lights male with a blue female, or direct opposite?

Could you imagine a cross like that crossed with the black lights? We could call it Black&Blue!

I gotta put the hash pipe down.........

umbra,
superman,
Ah ha, wannabe`s. A 2 for 1 shot even, can`t miss. Getting` close to deer season, need some target practice, oops, gotta get my mind on the right subject. Wanna join our exclusive club, ok, ok, got it right now. Let`s see if they measure up to our strict criteria for membership.
#1. Over 50.
Yeah, they look like they be old enough to be old farts. We`ll give it to `em.
#2. Not of sound mind.
Both have proved that by wanting to join our club. He, he. he.
Old Farts Club Rules
Yes we got rules. All good clubs have rules and we be a good club. Actually we have only one rule.
We tell no fibs, no half truths, no little white lies, no white lies, no half baked lies, no bold faced lies, no down right lies, no lies in any way, shape or form. Now no one has ever been caught in a lie, so do not be the first one. This has been due to circumstances beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, hearing loss, failing eyesight, brain farts (many of `em), senior moments (many of these too). But mostly due to a "who gives a sh(crap) attitude. OK, the law been laid down, now comes everybody`s favorite part. Find a sittin` spot and partake with us in enjoying some of Mother Nature`s finest medicinal herbs. Now and forever more you will be known as an old fart and curmudgeon. Almost forgot, ya gotta move to Curmudgeonland, our ancestral home. Congrats, now you`re one of us, he, he, he.
Cool, now that the formality has been completed and membership granted I'll do my best to live up to the title of "Curmudgeon". I get called a lot of things so we'll ad that to the list.
I couldn't find directions to Curmudgeonland on google maps. So I'm assuming it's a dimension of the mind only reachable thru the wormhole that's created by the 5th big hit of the hash bowl. I just hope it's close to my recliner, because after that 5th hit, I won't get much further than that.:vap-Bong_smoker:
Peace, SM

sup,
Ya found da place. Now, sit down and have another bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back