Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is mad at me for taking some of the plants early. LOL. Better early than not at all. I was told, if it happens, it will be between 2am and 4:30 am. My son gets in from work around 2:30am and someone is always awake at that time. Dogs are always on alert.

they make motion detectors for deer hunters. that send a signal and flash a light when there is movement. I would get one if your worried about rippers. They are not very expensive.

they make motion detectors for deer hunters. that send a signal and flash a light when there is movement. I would get one if your worried about rippers. They are not very expensive.
You can make one with a motion detection light and a radio to wake you up instead of a light coming on. My pops uses one for his garden. Kills a dozen or more every year that way.

Good morning ofc.

Umbra how do the rippers know? Geez, you are in the wild west dude. That kinda freaks me out.. I am glad your son is up all night.. What a welcome to Cali.. sorry that is happening.
The motion sensing light would be good. And BIG DOGS are good.

morning bozzo, dog, rose and the rest. little better today, still hurt but better. keef the doctor didn't find anything wrong, so it must be my imagination. i wish my imagination would just kick back and get stoned and leave me alone. we deal with what we have and make the best of it. everybody have a great day peace

Morning O.F.C. !-- So if I was a ripper I could just cruise around looking for weed in people yards or hanging over the fence then just make a little 3 am run and get paid ?-- Sound too easy !-- Do they make U label it so the ripper knows what he's getting ? -- I think I'm just gonna hang on to my Texas state of mind !-- Weed what weed ?-- I don't see no weed round here !-- U see any weed?--- Giggy !-- Get better Cuz !- U got weed to grow !-- Sorry Umbra !-- I know what a field of stumps feels like !-- Hope U never know !

Hey don't they make a pet collar U can locate from a satalite ??-- Hide one of them on a plant !- U get ripped -- Gear up and go get yo sheet back and unleash Hell !

I have motion detector security lights at several places around the property. There are 2 sides of the fence that are exposed to the street. I can only assume they will cut the fence instead of climbing it. The 2 sides that are backing neighbor yards, have no street lights. They could just cut the pad locks off the chains, but they would be in the street to do it. Because this is the Wild West here, this is a test to see if we are soft and weak.

I learned in the prison system. If you ain't strong or smart enough to keep your stuff, you may as well never even had it.

They could just cut the pad locks off the chains, but they would be in the street to do it.
If I was a ripper, that's the way I'd come. Fast in, fast out. Sounds like some conibear traps inside the perimeter would slow 'em up a bit. Hard to run with a broken ankle.....

Wow Umbra. I would be crazy by now. I agree with you Hippie, it's hard to walk with a broken ankle!

So many good ways to stop or deter them, but most I know are illegal to use or make. Like Rose said, I good dog is your best bet. Nothing gets by my chow. He is a watchdog for sure. If he barks at night I got my pistol and flashlight! He kills opossums and armadillos. Its his yard and he protects it! But he definitely makes people think twice. Most are more afraid of the Great Dane. I would be too if I pulled up in a car and the dog was looking at me at eye level through the window.
Chows getting old. Thinking about a dobbie or rottie soon. Saw a pitbull husky mix. Wonderful dog. Very smart. Always makes eye contact. Loyal and Territorial

Yea!! Dogs, Big ones!! people don't come around.

Umbra dat be why I don't grow outside anymore !-- You're just a little guppy in a great big sea !- A ripper is gonna weigh possible gains against possible losses !- -- I don't think you'll have any problem!-- If U do it'll probably be neighborhood kids !-- A ripper team hits U there's nothing U can do short of a gunfight !-

Clearly, I could just cut the plants and be done with it. It would be a huge waste but a good lesson to learn. But to me we are just postponing something that is going to happen, no matter what. Because, like you said YD, this is about keeping my stuff.

Dogs will give U a false sense of security !-- every ripper out there knows if U sing James Brown songs they'll just sit and watch !-- or is that just dobermans ?

Umbra dat be why I don't grow outside anymore !-- You're just a little guppy in a great big sea !- A ripper is gonna weigh possible gains against possible losses !- -- I don't think you'll have any problem!-- If U do it'll probably be neighborhood kids !-- A ripper team hits U there's nothing U can do short of a gunfight !-
I think you are right about the gunfight. Honestly, we made tons of mistakes with the outdoor grow and maybe we will get 1 lb from all the plants combined. Not worth dying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back