Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
morning OFC, cold here too but should see 50. smoking on some sunset sherbert, along with some fresh pressed Ultrabrite rosin.

Rose, i have had my girls and moms on 24/7 for quite some time now, they always seem to be out doing my 18/6 friend's plants, especially on lateral growth

I prefer that too lyfespan. I was kinda hard to convince of that working, but it does..less stretch and better lateral, i agree.

How much will 24/7 cut down on the Veg. time??..I see my wife now, another 6hrs a day on the meter..:cry:

I use T5 for veg and they don't cost a lot to run. I guess 24/7 would cut down on veg time. The most important difference I noticed was node spacing. If you keep those close under T5's you won't have much if any stretch, so the end product would be more. If that made no sense I am stoned.

Cane there is that but 24/7 should keep your grow area warm enough !--I kinda have to watch power usage but for different reason--I use too much power --Power company will drop a dime on me and the Po-Po get interested !--Do not want that !--If not for that -- power usage is just a nessesary cost !-- I get a real veg area I might run 24/7!-- Right now I got fresh cuts ,rooted clones and revegges all mixed together!-The fresh cuts don't need much light but this is the way it is for now !--

Rose, got ya it's all about the stretch, and I do want to have nice tight papaya...
Will be running 600wt air cooled hood mh on the veg.. how close you think I can get the lamp to the babies??
Running 24 doesn't scare me, I keep telling my wife, it won't be long we will have solar. As Keef says, it will heat things up better..

Keef I heard up here that the power companies were working with the people to educate them..instead of turning them in. Trying to push LED on the big power users...

Rose, got ya it's all about the stretch, and I do want to have nice tight papaya...
Will be running 600wt air cooled hood mh on the veg.. how close you think I can get the lamp to the babies??
Running 24 doesn't scare me, I keep telling my wife, it won't be long we will have solar. As Keef says, it will heat things up better..

be warned about up coming changes in what you think is a deal, edison just complete flipped the game here in socal, no more tax rebates, changes in rates its ** here now unless you buy and build your own

I am a bad man !-- I got the wife high and sent her over to Nirvana Seeds !--Oh!--She buying seed !-- I wish they would let me have one of those power meters that run backwards when U produce excess power !--I could make plenty power with solar and the wind blows most days !--I could also use that as a way of covering what I do !--I had my way I'd use LEDS and supplement with some of those T-5 or something!

Mrcane, I got a T 5 about 3 years ago and have never used my MH again. It is much cheaper to run than a MH. It is quiet and not hot and you can put them right on top of the plants (not touching) and they won't burn.

Keef. sounds like you may be the proud owner of some papaya seeds! Way to go Mrs RWS.

My next big project is replacing our electric stove and the electric water heater got to go too!-- Then maybe I can open up that spare room grow !- Only way I can cut power usage and increase the grow !

I'd like to have a gas stove and oven. I can tell my power bill is higher, but it didn't make a huge difference. I did see a drop in mpg as soon as I plugged that 1k hps.

U can't see me because I'm in the spirit world !--- Kraven there has been some success with P.T.S.D -- but the vines of the souls is illegal !----Watch this ?-- Never mind ! I forgot U can 't see me ! --- Umbra knows what it is !

I'm good keef....had to put away the CK, it has gotten a weeeee bit strong for day time use. Smoking some GTH # 9, it's a nice pleasant up and trippy kinda ride, gonna cripple myself here in a bit with the CK and be down for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back