how do you keep your buds fresh after harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all
i heard that bud is only good for a few weeks and after that it looses its potancy, i also heard that some people freeze it so it lasts longer.
what do you think and what do you do to preserve you weed?

I dry mine on the whole plant until they are dry to the touch, then I jar them up for a day. The next day they are out on a screen air drying and back to the jars until they stop sweating. After that jar them for however long you want. The longer you jar (cure) your buds the better they get. I wouldn't freeze them, they become too brittle.

In the resource center it explains it better than I just did. Don't believe the myths, study the facts.

yes i would steer clear of the freezer imo. air dry the buds for couple days then i brown paper bag them until dry too the touch not brittle then jar them for up to 4 weeks the longer you let them cure in the jars the more smooth better the moke will be

dont rush the curing stage

1-I just harvest the colas intact, hang em to dry indoors for 3-4 days, until the bud is dry but the stem still soft
2-I then put em into sealed jars in the refrigerator and I check em every day to allow moisture to equalize. If they still appear too moist, I just take the lid off the jar, checking often, until they are just dry enuf and seal em again.
3-Once dry enuf [I like em to be just moist enuf to require a couple hours drying on the smoking tray to be perfect bong fodder] I just leave em in fridge sealed until I want to smoke em :bong1:

I had to go to rehab for 10 months or so and happened to be sitting on a qp of some red hair skunk at home in my freezer.Only thing that kept me sane was coming home everynight and sniffing the hell outta the contents of that tupperware. {sad isn't it?} Let me tell you I can for one provide testimony that tolerance to bud does happen. All I can tell you, sir is the day I was signed-off by my counselor, I went home, closed all the windows and doors and loaded a bowl full of reeking red hair cannabis. I burned that bowl with down to carbon like I had never stopped, and that was the first mistake. bout 10 minutes into the buzz I began trippin hard. That bud was a fresh as the day I manicured, dbl bagged and froze it. It's only better if you let the bud age or "cure" slowly tho, so whoever told u that cannabis' potency degradation happens after a week stores their bud incorrectly and is grossly misinformed.Have a Green day, bud, and talk to ya laters!

Always curious I am... How long do ya'll cure your buds for? Is there a point where the cure starts to deplete THC, I know the light can do it, so how long is too long for curing?

Disco94 said:
Always curious I am... How long do ya'll cure your buds for? Is there a point where the cure starts to deplete THC, I know the light can do it, so how long is too long for curing?

Howdy Disco :ciao:

I cure for as long as I can, until I smoke it anyway :D

Seriously, I just let it go until I smoke it, opening new jars as needed. I have some cured for 12 weeks now and by the time I get to the last of it, some will have 30 weeks of cure I figger :hubba:

BTW, I refer to anytime past the 4-5 weeks of cure as aging
;)

really easy, grab fishing string, make a hang string. you can do that with a box, and cut big holes on each sides, strings attach top of open box.. let buds hang on the strings for a week and half, close to a/c is better.. after that if stems snapped, its ready to smoke, also to preserve them for long time as 5 years, put in mason glass jar, close /twist it close.. then its preserved!! like a strawberry jam... storage in cool place only..

I had good luck with air drying the buds until the outsides were crispy. I then separated them into ounces and put them in bags that were open and i vented them daily. It worked well, and the buds are now perfectly dry if not a bit moist, but they smoke well.

sunlight is the cause of degredation of thc in most cases. allways store in a cool, dark, dry place.

Latest posts

Back