How to adjust outdoor ph?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computer07

Reaction score
How can i lower the ph on an outdoor plant in the ground?

i bought this...
1860.jpg

15 years growing outdoor at southeastern of NC
I haven't never use this one, I have seen my dad has one sitting around but never used it at once...never has a problems with ph outdoor, unless you are in somewhere else that provide too much heats, less rains.. just use distilled water.. that it... or fill a 5 bucket of water, let it sit for 24 hours before using..plants is happy with it.... pray for some rains too..

dolomite lime.

not

dolomite the pimp.

i usually throw a couple hand fulls around in the spring when i till the patch up, but i have near neutral soil. dissolve 1 tbsp of lime in a gallon o water and water then check ph the next day

If you want to lower your ph there are powders you can purchase at hydroponic shops which you sprinkle on the soil and when you water them it will help to lower the ph. I believe you have to do it a few times through out the grow or as needed. Lime will neutralize your soil which is what you are trying not to do.

godspeedsuckah said:
If you want to lower your ph there are powders you can purchase at hydroponic shops which you sprinkle on the soil and when you water them it will help to lower the ph. I believe you have to do it a few times through out the grow or as needed. Lime will neutralize your soil which is what you are trying not to do.

wouldnt neutrul be better then low or high ph? isnt neutrul 7 which i thought wasnt that bad compared to say 8-9 ratings not disputing just wondering :) i know for outdoor the range u wanna stay in is like 6.3-6.9 right? i have one int he ground also trying to make sure i have a idea what i need my ph to be at also and does that meter u have work i bought one a few weeks ago never moved past 7 on the scale i took it back and told them it was faulty lol

yeah lime will keep you around 7 in ph but if you want to lower it into a better range for the plant, say 6.3 or 6.5 than you have to lower your ph.

My soil is 7.2, I alter the feed down to 6.4 after adding it to the watering can, when its in the soil it averages 6.8.

I use distilled white vinegar and have for the last 8 months with no problems.

HippyInEngland said:
My soil is 7.2, I alter the feed down to 6.4 after adding it to the watering can, when its in the soil it averages 6.8.

I use distilled white vinegar and have for the last 8 months with no problems.

about how much vinegar do i use with a gallon of what to lower the ph from a 6.9 to a 6.5?

flaboy420 said:
wouldnt neutrul be better then low or high ph? isnt neutrul 7 which i thought wasnt that bad compared to say 8-9 ratings not disputing just wondering :) i know for outdoor the range u wanna stay in is like 6.3-6.9 right? i have one int he ground also trying to make sure i have a idea what i need my ph to be at also and does that meter u have work i bought one a few weeks ago never moved past 7 on the scale i took it back and told them it was faulty lol
Oh come on guys did some of you flunk chemistry? Low pH = acidic, high = alkaline. The guy says he has a high pH that means alkaline, adding lime like some say here would be dumb - to get the pH back down to say 7.2 add peat moss and fork it well in, or well rotted horse manure, or better, both! Vinegar boys have the right idea. But better would be phosphoric acid which will give the flowers a real boost.

Latest posts

Back