hps/mh lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evz355

evz355
Reaction score
has anyone used a hps and a mh through an entire grow. i am wondering if i should use just mh for veg and hps for flower or to use both together for an entire grow

evz355 said:
has anyone used a hps and a mh through an entire grow. i am wondering if i should use just mh for veg and hps for flower or to use both together for an entire grow

That would be best but ive used both MH and HPS for entite grows just fine.

I am going to do my next grow with metal halide only. I know personally that a hps lite is fine for the entire grow. If your room size and ventilation will work then the 2 would be great. I feel it would be hard to control the heat. :D for your grow

ms4ms said:
I am going to do my next grow with metal halide only.

From my experience the buds were slightly smaller just not as much girth but the trichomes appeared to be more abundant.

Maybe just shows up better under the whiter light? doh no

Growdude said:
From my experience the buds were slightly smaller just not as much girth but the trichomes appeared to be more abundant.

Maybe just shows up better under the whiter light? doh no

Hey Growdude-
I've read in several places that MH during the last 2 weeks of flowering increases trich production, so it's probably more than just the whiter light.

Another member here says that using UVB lighting during flower (in careful and limited doses) also increases trich production. RC Clarke in his book on MJ Botany confirms it. Have you ever tried it?

BBFan said:
Hey Growdude-
I've read in several places that MH during the last 2 weeks of flowering increases trich production, so it's probably more than just the whiter light.

Another member here says that using UVB lighting during flower (in careful and limited doses) also increases trich production. RC Clarke in his book on MJ Botany confirms it. Have you ever tried it?

Yea ive heard that adding MH to ur HPS during flowering can be beneficial, but most of the time its not logical or possible to add other lights (space. heat problems). I wouldnt want to take away a 1000W HPS just to substitute a MH tho

Latest posts

Back