hydro v.s. soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
I would like some facts and opinions of the pros and cons of Hydro v.s. Soil please and thank you.

I believe vegging times are quicker with hydro.

Hydro requires more attention to things like TDS and ph levels while soil is pretty straight forward, imo.

I love the taste of soil grown "organic" bud compared to hydro tho....

Hell,,its all good,,,Soil or Hydro. I just love to grow.:hubba:I love DWCs,,,but the temps in tha South,,,is a big pain, in my ace.:D

when I have the time I'd love to do a side by side of soil and DWC of the same strain for poops and giggles...h'mmm

The main thing I like about DWCs is your plants react much faster to treatment and feeding then they do in soil,,and its much cleaner. But soil isnt is touchy when it comes to temps as hydro is,,especially DWCs solutions. Alot of times I grow in both Soil and Hydro.

I currently grow hydro (DWC) but is much more work than soil. I have grown soil before but this was before I really got really serious about growing and all the technical stuff involved in it. I was going to go soil this run but just wanted to know if i was going to lose quality/quanity/time switching from hydro to soil. thanks for the input everyone

I dont see ya losing any Quality or Quanity, switching from Hydro to Soil. I grew the same strain as clones in Soil and DWC and did not see a diffrence except in reaction time. Another words ifen ya use to much nutes,,you will know very quickly with DWC,,where Soil will take longer to show and longer to fix,,but other then that,,I have never seen a difference if they are both dialed in.
It pisses me off when somebody says,,hey man,, I got some Dro,,check out the big nuggets. I always smile and ask them if they know the grower. They say no of course,,,and then I ask them how the hell they know its Hydro then. Pretty much they look like I just punched them in the gut.:D

have you considered hempty buckets with soil.kinda best of both worlds

Latest posts

Back