I got a plant and not sure when to flower ..advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mor3no420

Reaction score
i transplanted her she was 4' and now 2 my grow room is 17 in Length and 3ft in heghts i dont want it to to touch the light with reflector how many inches should i wait until i start secound stage

I'm not quite sure i understand... You transplanted her when she was 4' feet, but you only have 3ft of head space? Am i missing something or did you mean 4" inches?

How old is your plant? what strain is it? How big is it now? is this a clone of a seedling? We need more info in order to help you with your questions

Can't tell anything without pictures. Tell us about your setup, pics also of your room.

like hippy said need more info.. on a side note i hope that isn't a picture of you as your avatar.. i would suggest changing it if it is. jmo

Depending on your strain you know your plant could more than double in size when you flower. Mine did anyway, I ended up having to raise my light like 6 times about 3 feet up when I started flowing my girls and I started from seed and they were in veg for 47 days.

I belive it depends as much if not move on the light strenght than the strain. Giving yourself 2x the curent plant hight is a good place to start for an unfamiliar strain.

all im waiting for is for me to hit 15 post so i can put up pic when i get to that ill put up pics of my grow room and my plants

Well heres a pic of my lil ones my plants are now 2 weeks old now.they were 4in but after i tranplanted them they are now 2 1/2 in . and it a seeding.
i was curious on your guys opionion on how much more should i give her until i flower them

Photo-0033.jpg
Photo-0032.jpg

I usally let my plants grow about 17 to 22 inches and flower for 6 to 8 weeks depending on the strain .. .

Your plants are stretching big time you need either
A) more light
or
B) to move the light closer without burning it

Also your plants will not be ready to flower (technically) until you have alternating nodes. This is when the branches instead of growing one on either side at the same hight they will start to develop independently from one another on the main stem. This means the plant has reached sexualy maturity. If hight is a huge factor you could flip them into flower early but you will suffer a reduced harvest.

well i put the light closer ima have to go today to get a diffrent ligth wat would be a great light to put in my grow room

go to a ligthing wherehouse. ask about HO CFL's. got with at lest a 85 watt for them 2 pots. they are very much streching reaching for the light.

ya i see on other smoker plants the stem dont be reaching out and mine does i need more damn light ima get 4 cfl what do you think the watts should be on each cfl

the highest u can aford. most place like homedepo or lowes don't cary anything higher than a 35 watt (150 watt eqv) daylight blub. an 42watt warm light bulbs. (daylight for veggie, warm light for flower) i whent to a lighting wherehouse, an got 4 65watt daylight bulbs for 20 bucks each. i all so have one 85 watt daylight, an 85 watt warm light. thats 85 true watts, not the reg incadisent evelivent. the reason most places like that above do not cary them is cuz they are pricy for a light bulb. cuz they have a self ballest. wich makes it possable to convent the ac power supply in to DC to run the light. make sure when buying a bulb it has a self ballist an is not just a replacement bulb. with no ballist, cuz then it won't work in your socket. u can all so go online to google, an type in 85 watt cfl bulbs, an there are a few sites that sell them for about 22-28 dollors + s&h

yea welll im going next friday when i get paid but another thing do you know how to conect two extention cord to one . have you seen my blueprint its on my sign. in the thread small wooden box check it out and see if you understand me.

Latest posts

Back