I Need Help Fast can a plant grow balls during veg?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black1269

Reaction score
My six plants are 2-2.5 months old and are on 24h light. My setup is much less then ideal but its working so far but thats another story. 3 are tall and not bad looking two of the three are growing preflowers. But one was kind of a runt has been growing slow i recently fimmed it (i have been doing this with my others as well) and it looks like its growing balls is this even possible what should i do?

Once a plant is sexually mature it will show sex. It will not flower(unless its auto) till 12/12 light is provided. So yes sex can be shown while in veg.

a plant can show its sex in veg,but thats not a problem.just give the plants that have "balls" a couple more days and wait to see if any stigmas(white hairs)show.if it continues to show more preflowers or "balls" and no stigmas then get rid of em,unless your looking to breed.

Okay im leaving tomorow and leaving my girlfriend to take care of them while im gone will they be ok for 4 or 5 days

Or should i bud them now is this my sign to start flower stage

it shows your plant are mature enough to flower
you can flower anytime even before preflowers show
it all has todo with space the plant can grow upto 3 times it size
but you can wait as long as you want as long as you have enough hieght

so lets say i leave everything as is for a few days the balls arnt gonna bust open and ruin the rest of my babies are they?

if your this worried about it i would leave them under 24/0 until you return to handle it,by then they will definitely show whether there male or female.then you can make your final decision.

and they shouldnt "flower" or "pollinate" while in veg i think.so it would be safe to leave in veg a few more days just to see.please if im wrong someone correct on pollen being released in veg.

i would have to agree, i dont think its even possible for them to auto themselves if they are not an autoflowering strand

Thanks alot guys i will let you know what happens when i get home and maybe post pics if nobody makes fun of my cheap setup

make fun of cheap set up?? haha you should see mine.remember your grow isnt on display for grow room of the year like peoples lawns in a rich neighborhood.so whatever grows it and gets you high is all that matters...as long as you dont have faulty wiring goin on you should be ok

Hick stole the words out of my mouth. But you should be fine to leave for a few days. If you notice balls when you get back, then kill it.

Hick said:
preflowers "can" pollinate other prefowers.. pollen and pistills.. in combination is ALL that it takes...
no doubt thanks for the correction:p but my thoughts on why i would assume something like this is for plants to "flower" they need to be in flower.so that being said can a male empty its load during veg?if a female cant empty its load or "buds" how can a male?if you get what im saying.:)

..there is no.. "empty their load"..it isn't Pamela and Tommy Lee.
it is simply a release of pollen from a staminate flower where receptive pistils are also present..
..a "pre-flower" IS either a staminate male flower OR a pistillate female.. one grain of viable pollen + one receptive pistill....= one seed

The male can release pollen when it is mature enough to do so- regardless of light schedule. Leaving them in there is a risk as the pollen will be in the grow area on everything- especially if you have a fan.
If they burst, you'll need to wet the entire space down. And if the males are starting to flower, the females won't be far behind!

Hey guys im back i plucked that male no bursting thank god!

Black1269 said:
My six plants are 2-2.5 months old and are on 24h light. My setup is much less then ideal but its working so far but thats another story. 3 are tall and not bad looking two of the three are growing preflowers. But one was kind of a runt has been growing slow i recently fimmed it (i have been doing this with my others as well) and it looks like its growing balls is this even possible what should i do?

your plants should have shown sex after about 4-5 weeks from seed, if you are 2-2.5 months into veg, then you absolutely without a doubt should have positively identified them at least 3 weeks ago. Of course, i suppose a hermie is possible in veg:confused: (someone step in if im wrong)

so yeah, im curious about what you really want to know i suppose.

Latest posts

Back