Im having a problem !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
Ok... my set up to start off with !

* 1000 HPS air cooled hood
* 4x4 Hydro tray
* flood & drain
* 6'x6' Grodan Delta Hugo's
* GH 3 part nutes
* Flora Blend
* Sweet
* Room Temp 71F
* Resi Temp 69F
* PH 5.9
* Strains 6-GDP & 9 PK

Ok im at the end of my 5th week of flowering, last week I noticed the tips of the fan leaves located at the bud sites only wer starting to curl upward and yellowing with small rust colored dots on them.

I checked my PH and it was at 6.3 :eek:
I got the PH back to 5.8 within the hour

It is now a week later and they have shown no signs of recovery and looks as if the problem may be getting worse ?

I am only mixing nutes at 3/4 strength and watering when lights come on, and when they go off ?

I dont have a PPM meter so I couldnt tell you what they are at ?

Does anyone know what could be causing this ? & How do I fix it ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

Here are some pics

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

the leaves on my almost ready plants have been yellowing and coming off..are they getting close? I am not alarmed at it just figure it is working on the buds..the bottom pic looks very mature..and white..wow

yo homey!!...what about a magnesium deficiency? I always add CalMag as a supplement..when I don't, I have problems...

"when the tips curl up, they're praying for magnesium", from Jorge Cervantes (I don't really agree with him on a lot, but that seems to be spot on)

like 2dog says, though..it could be just normal, cuz the budz look great!

Hi 2Dog ! they are about 2 weeks away now, the buds are nice and hard and fat, looks like they coated with powdered sugar too :) but those leaves are worrying me that they might be deficient of something ? The rest of the leaves are nice and green and waxy looking ! Do you think the buds are starting to pull from the leaves ?

mine is losing leaves everyday...the buds look great and are almost done. my pk a few weeks behind are starting to as well. it doesnt bother me I figure it is part of the plant cycle.

you wouldnt like seeing my bg...shal I show you yellow leaves lol..brb.

Hey bro ! Im kinda thinkin that your right ! Is it to late to add the Cal Mag,
I only have about two weeks left ? After that you and I are gonna be blazin :)

course what do I know. but when I see pictures of ready bud often there is no big fan leaves left or very few..

Good Luck Chris,I have the same problem sometimes,I have some afghan doing it now ppms are 900 ph is 6.1 atm.
I use gh 3 part and I dont have a clue what it is.
I also have a afghan in soil and it is not doing it like the ones in hydro are.

here she is..seems like its the bigger old leaves..

course if someone here sees this and knows something is really wrong please tell me I am deluding myself. I feed her buddha bloom every week.

pur 0929 003.jpg

pur 0929 004.jpg

ozman said:
Good Luck Chris,I have the same problem sometimes,I have some afghan doing it now ppms are 900 ph is 6.1 atm.
I use gh 3 part and I dont have a clue what it is.
I also have a afghan in soil and it is not doing it like the ones in hydro are.

yeah its strange that only a few leaves are doing it ? The buds are fine so I wont panic i guess !

2Dog said:
here she is..seems like its the bigger old leaves..

course if someone here sees this and knows something is really wrong please tell me I am deluding myself. I feed her buddha bloom every week.

Well besides the yellow leaves, those are some fatty's 2Dog, :hubba: looking awesome ! How much longer ?

only she knows lol...still waiting on amber...shes been growing since june..started budding end of july..she is thick and heavy just not amber. white still.

I will have to measure her nugs I swear some of them are getting on 8-10 inches wide..and very long.

Those are some bigguns for sure..... All mine are still clear too, from what I can tell ? My glass is only x5 power, I need to grab a jewlers loop like asap !

Hello Chris :)

With only 2 weeks left, nothing is going to change.

The leaves are due to give up the N reserves and start yellowing anyway.

Just keep everything dialed in correctly and watch her slowly give up all she has.

You really need something with at least 30x mag.

30x mag is the minimum.

Your plants will make it to harvest with no major problems :aok:

Well done :)

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Chris :)

With only 2 weeks left, nothing is going to change.

The leaves are due to give up the N reserves and start yellowing anyway.

Just keep everything dialed in correctly and watch her slowly give up all she has.

You really need something with at least 30x mag.

30x mag is the minimum.

Your plants will make it to harvest with no major problems :aok:

Well done :)

:peace:

Thanks Hippy.... your just the guy I was hoping would be able to answer
my question ! (no offence to anyone else please) I know your the man when it comes to Hydro ! I was trippen for a minute thinkin my girls were'nt going to finish ! Once again, thanks again man :D

Latest posts

Back