indoor issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithgrown

R.I.P. Dime Bag
Reaction score
hello all this is my first post and my first foray into indoor growing. i have 4 sprouts about 3in tall. they are under 2 four foot fluoros on a 18/6 light cycle. i am useing 2 40w phillips colortone bulbs and 2 phillips 40w aquari/grow bulbs. i water about once every two or three days or when the soil looks really dry with a very diluted mixture of miracle grow rose fert. i'm not seeing the growth i expected. can anyone tweek my methods please. thanks so much

Hi,

Some soil mixes like Foxfarm Ocean Forest when used out of the bag are too hot for seedlings of some strains too but the effects are usually mild. What kind of soil are you using? Is it a rich organic soil or does it have any nutes in the soil? Some store bought soils with time release ferts can be very bad for mj...

You're doing great by allowing the soil to dry out well between waterings but it's too early for any fertilizing. I don't know if the ferts are doing any damage yet but seedlings have all the nutrients that they require designed right into the seed and require NO nutes for at least the first 2-3 weeks. Any nutes now will only slow them down a little at the least or could give them nute burn and slow them down a lot or even possibly kill them. And if you're using a pre-fertilized soil mix and also adding nutes at any strength it's going to be very bad for the seedlings.

Just give them chlorine free water as chlorine isn't good for root development. Since you're using fluoros you need to keep them as close as you can get them to your plants to help prevent stretching and to give them max lumens for growth. As long as they don't touch the lamps they won't get burned by the light.

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back