Is it normal for this much yellowing during flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anarchy2465

Reaction score
Hi my plants are in the second week of flowering and I know it's normal for the plant to get rid of the leaves it no longer needs but I have been picking 10-30 yellow leaves off my plants every day. It's starting to affect the bushiness of my plants. Any ideas if this is normal? Here's some more info/pics:

-Outdoors
-Temps between 80 and 100 (on hot days)
-I'm on the west coast so humidity isn't an issue
-pH around 6.8-7
-Watered every 2-3 days, regulated by a moisture meter
-Last fed 1 week ago Bio Bloom nutrients, 2 teaspoons to 4 gallons of water

The first pic is after i took most of the yellow leaves off

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

No replies so far? Oh well I have some more pics. This is 48 hours after the original photos:

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

Hi,

Nice looking plants other than the yellowing. I agree that 10-30 leaves daily seems very excessive for yellowing at this early stage of flowering. At that rate you won't have a bushy plant for long... If you have some Bio grow nutes you could maybe do a 50/50 of Bio Grow and Bio Bloom to give them more N without going overboard on the nitrogen. Since it's this early in flowering some type of liquid kelp/seaweed foliar application might help them get a quick shot in the arm too.

How long have they been in those pots? Is it possible that they could be rootbound and the soil could be wore out at this point? You could feed them more aggressively and it should help but it's not too late to transplant imho, if they need it... even if they slow down for a few days with a well developed root structure they'll take right off again and you should see a very noticeable difference at harvest time.

If they have only been in those pots a short while you might even try flushing them... the yellowing seems to be happening on all of them and I doubt if the Bio Bloom is doing that... What kind of soil?

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi,

Nice looking plants other than the yellowing. I agree that 10-30 leaves daily seems very excessive for yellowing at this early stage of flowering. At that rate you won't have a bushy plant for long... If you have some Bio grow nutes you could maybe do a 50/50 of Bio Grow and Bio Bloom to give them more N without going overboard on the nitrogen. Since it's this early in flowering some type of liquid kelp/seaweed foliar application might help them get a quick shot in the arm too.

How long have they been in those pots? Is it possible that they could be rootbound and the soil could be wore out at this point? You could feed them more aggressively and it should help but it's not too late to transplant imho, if they need it... even if they slow down for a few days with a well developed root structure they'll take right off again and you should see a very noticeable difference at harvest time.

If they have only been in those pots a short while you might even try flushing them... the yellowing seems to be happening on all of them and I doubt if the Bio Bloom is doing that... What kind of soil?

Happy Growing!:cool:

They've only been in these pots a couple of weeks so I doubt they are root bound. I thought it might be nute burn, or a nitrogen or magnesium def i really have no idea and i'm hesitant to do anything because it might make it worse...

The soil is garden soil for ace hardware

Hello Anarchy2465 :)

I use bio bloom as well.

My first question is what is the NPK on the bottle?

Is it 2.0 : 6.0 : 3.5 ?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Anarchy2465 :)

I use bio bloom as well.

My first question is what is the NPK on the bottle?

Is it 2.0 : 6.0 : 3.5 ?

:peace:

Hey there! it's actually 1.1 - 2.5 - 2.0. Does this make any difference? I should also mention I fed them 2 weeks ago and I've been waiting to feed again because I wasn't sure if I was overfertilizing or if I had a deficiency..it's hard to tell the difference

if your using an already nuted soil the tiger bloom is whats wrong

I am pretty sure I saw the correct answer and all of the rest of you are WRONG,those plants are root bound,this plant likes width more then depth,always better to be too big out doors,get some good wide 7-10 gallon pots,your yellowing will stop very quickly,there you go,haha,done deal

actually there is no way the plants can be root bound because they were transplanted into those pots about 3 weeks ago. the soil was prenuted but its only supposed to last a month so those nutes are gonna run out pretty soon

any ideas people? ive fed my plants all nutrients that could cause a deficiency and im still getting yellow leaves...could it be a bug problem? im finding white pinpoint dots on some of my leaves and i dont know what that could be

Latest posts

Back