Is it time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artfan

Artfan
Reaction score
Hello all, Just checked my plant which has been flowering for around 5 weeks now. The seed sacs are filling up and the flowers are 2 3rds orange and brown. As this is my first hopefuly successful grow I don't want to let it go to far. What is my next step.
Thanks Artfan

Depending on the strain most plants flower between 8 & 9 weeks for Indica and as high as 12 weeks for Sativa. What ya need to get is a hand held microscope from Radio Shack for like $10. This will let ya view the trichromes and they will tell ya when to harvest. ;)
Artfan said:
Hello all, Just checked my plant which has been flowering for around 5 weeks now. The seed sacs are filling up and the flowers are 2 3rds orange and brown. As this is my first hopefuly successful grow I don't want to let it go to far. What is my next step.
Thanks Artfan

Hi TBG, I have looked with a small eye glass u know the type jewellers use, I see the trics, and the bulging seed pods. I think they maybe need another week or two. Its a nervous time lol.

That will work just fine. ;) We usually harvest as soon as we see amber trichromes but that's just us.

i tend to harvest my sativas at first sight of amber trichs....i like to let my indicas get at least 50%....

What if some bud sites show amber, but the main cola is mostly clear? Then what?

try a staggered harvest....keep an eye out on the buds that are ready and harvest them individually....try to leave as much foliage as you can for the rest of the plant....i usually do this when the upper buds are ready but the lowers are still a week or 2 away....they also pack on a little extra weight so the extra time is worth it in my opinion....

Does any one know where the link to the thread on that microscope wondered off to?:cool:

heres a chart may help.
trichs.jpg

Thanks Purpleskunk, those photos are invaluable. Ok im off with my eye glass to check those trics out. Thanks
Peace
Artfan

no problem your welcome.i wasn't sure if u needed it but clever asked if there was one.good luck with your grow.

Latest posts

Back